TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Ok hadnt done this before so tell me how you deal with crying

Ok hadn't done this before so tell me how you deal with crying all the time knowing there is no escape I have a major eating disorder meaning I just don't eat but I drink red wine which I think is the only thing keeping me alive but I have two beautiful daughters and a loving partner but that just doesn't seem to be helping me right now I had my dad charged years ago because he's a child malesterer and he went to jail but when he got out well he still lives with my do called mum I dealt with loosing all my family when I had him charged but kept in contract over the phone got the last ten years I also moved to the other side of the state before he was released but my sister had a four year old girl and I met her for the first time reasently and I have know cut contract with all my family except my sister but I have told her if she doesn't cut contract soon I will let her go to.I'm lost
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question. I just need a few things clarified.

Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental health disorder? Such as through your doctor? Do you experience binge eating or do you restrict your eating? And have you lost weight as a result?

Thank you,
Kate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i dont have any mental issues yes depression but realy can you bame me i wont take anti depresion pills just dont even know why i tried finding someone who could help me sorry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im sorry but ive been looking for help for a while and its sad that even when i paid for your help the compute wouldnt accept my info so i thougjt another fail even writing this msg half the time my screen isnt showing me what im writing so i dont even knoe if im spelli.g right its a shame you need to ne suicidal to het free help and even thougj im not suacidal when you pay for help its harder to get

Thank you for the information.

If the therapist you tried to contact does not respond, you may want to try to contact another therapist. What you are describing to me sounds like depression and without treatment (even just therapy and no mediations) you will have a difficult time feeling better.

It sounds like the root of your depression may be what you went through as a child. Sexual abuse is a horrific experience and can cause all kinds of emotional issues as a result. This is not your fault. Children react to abuse in many ways. Some develop depression, some anxiety and others feel anger and have difficulty coping. No one comes out of a childhood abuse situation feeling fine. So what you feel is natural.

Along with therapy, you can help yourself at home. There are numerous resources that address sexual abuse and that can help you learn more about ways to help yourself. Here are some resources to get you started:

http://www.goodtherapy.org/therapy-for-sexual-abuse.html

The Courage to Heal 4e: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse 20th Anniversary Edition by Ellen Bass and XXXXX XXXXX

The Sexual Healing Journey: A Guide for Survivors of Sexual Abuse, 3rd Edition by Wendy Maltz

Adult Children of Abusive Parents by Steven Farmer.

Also, if you cannot get help through any local therapist, you may want to try on line therapy. By seraching on line therapy in a search engine, you can find someone you can talk with etiher through Skype or via chat who is qualified to help you work through your issues.

I hope this has helped you,
Kate