Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

My daughter is an intravenous drug user and has been trying

My daughter is an intravenous drug user and has been trying to get off drugs by attending a clinic in Newtown and receiving Bupe. She has been out of contact with me for over a week and has just showed up now talking very rapidly, delusional (thought we had moved appartment) and is now lying down but talking to herself - proper conversations, laughing etc. She thinks she has asked me to do things and is angry I didnt do them. She says she has a blood clot in her arm and has to go to hospital. She is being very irrational but I think she will run if I try to do anything. I dont know if she has taken anything or if this is a symptom of a mental illness. What course of action should I take?

By the way I am in sydney Australia, I did not realise this was an American website

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am happy to help you with this-----even in Brisbane

Bill :

It sounds as though your daughter has had a paranoid psychotic breakdown which could be a result of drug withdrawal or continued drug use.

Bill :

Regardless, she is going to need professional intervention - so if she has a desire to go to a hospital for a "blood clot" I would try and get her to a facility that can also be a gateway to getting more help for this psychiatric breakdown- meaning- take her to an emergency room where they can do a comprehensive evaluation.

Bill :

Other Drug related services near Brisbane can be found at this link:

Bill :

I trust this will help and wish you the very best.

Bill :

Kindest regards,

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

I appreciate your positive rating and wish you the very best.

Bill :

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not in Brisbane, I am in Sydney and would appreciate a similar link for my City.

In your opinion is such a paranoid psychotic breakdown recoverable?

Hi Sarah-

I apologize for Misreading your location.

Here is a link for Emergency Services in Syndey:

http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/mhdao/contact_service.asp

I believe this can be treated and she can recover.

Again, my very best to you and your daughter at this most difficult time.

Best, Bill

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Bill for your help. It is appreciated.

Sarah-
You are most welcome!

Kindest regards,

Bill