Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

i have a girlfriend in spain that i have been talking to for

i have a girlfriend in spain that i have been talking to for six months online. i am having suspicions because when she goes out she wears nice underwear and puts really nice make up on. i had an argument with her because i told her that she was playing around and this really hurt me because that is all i could think about at work. she tells me that i am pathologically jealous and that i don't have any proof and that i am making up stories that are not there
What can I help you with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
she says i need to speak to you because i have jealousy issues so I've come to get help to see if i have a problem with this! can you help me on this?
I am going to opt out and let someone else try.

Dear friend, From what you have said so far it is hard to give you a definitive answer, and so we shall go back and forth and get some information, if need be. The obvious first question is, "How do you know about her nice makeup and underwear?" Many women will not go out without "putting on their face", and they will always spend time to look the best. That does not mean that they are out looking for men. Neither is the fact that women enjoy wearing nice underwear. It makes them feel womanly. They also think, and I have heard it said many times that they want to wear nice underwear in case they get into an accident and have to be medically examined. Women are much more focused on their appearance than men. I assumed that she told you about the nice underwear and makeup, and she probably said it to entice YOU, rather than other men. Perhaps you feel a bit insecure with this relationship. From what you know, you cannot make an assumption that she is playing around. I imagine that she is feeling not only insulted, but is questioning a future relationship with you if you are going to turn out to be a jealous man. It is a good sign that she has asked you to seek Expert advice. This means that she still has some hope for you. She will not endure your jealousy much longer, however, so it is best to get a handle on this now. Let me recommend a book for you that will help a great deal: Master Your Jealousy Before It Destroys Your Relationship - For Men: Key Tactics To Tackle Your Unwanted Jealousy... by Francisco Bujan You can find this at www.amazon.co.uk I believe that you can overcome this and get things straight with your girlfriend. I shall keep you in my prayers Warm regards, ***** ***** LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.