Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

Hello, in October I met a gentlemen OKMH33211

Hello, in October I met a gentlemen on a dating site. He seemed like a wonderful man and things moved quickly. Four weeks later he proposed and moved in. Shortly after moving in, the sex went from daily to non-existent and the affection stopped. He said after his last divorce he changed his last name. He is a union steward with an 8-5 job but will wake up at 2 in the morning and go to work for no reason. If I ask him to do something in my house, i.e. mow the lawn he wont, or caulk the sink he will do 1/4 of it. He claims I changed since I am not working due to a comp injury but since his affection stopped it really hurts. 3 days before christmas he decided to visit him mom driving from Sacramento to Texas knowing I have back problems and would say no. He knows the holidays are bad for me and my birthday and two days after Christmas. I feel I am being used. Any advice.

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am sorry to hear about the events of this relationship.

Relying on 35 years of experience, after reading what you have written, I do not see the necessary ingredients of a mutually satisfying relationship of any kind and it best for you to find your path forward, independently and take control over your life........the only thing that anyone can do- in situations like this.

Tell him in very direct terms that this is not what you envisioned in a relationship with him, end the relationship and mover forward with your life.

The differences between healthy and unhealthy relationships are here:

Sorry to deliver news you probably know in your heart but have not put into action in your head.

Kindest regards, Bill

Please leave positive rating so that I receive credit for my time.

Thank you