Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

Hi there. I have bad thoughts of doing a threesome with my

Hi there. I have bad thoughts of doing a threesome with my wife with another guy. I really want to forget this thing and never have it again come into my mind. Can you help me and give me tips to put this behind me?
Thank you!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 1 year ago.

Dr Vikas :

Hello

Dr Vikas :

Since when you are experiencing these thoughts?

Dr Vikas :

are these thoughts repetitive, intrusive in nature and persist for long even when you try to resist them?

Dr Vikas :

It appears to me that you are offline right now, will wait for your reply so that we can discuss further.

Customer: Hi dr vikas,
Customer: hi dr vikas, i have been experiencing such thoughts since 2 years now. They are repetitive, and persist for a long time even if i try to reject them. It is destroying my life with my wife cos i am not enjoying sex, and she is not enjoying me. I really need some help!
Dr Vikas :

Thanks for your reply.

Customer: Thank you!
Customer: I cant stop these thoughts....i really want to reject them once and for all in my life
Dr Vikas :

see, there is a condition known as Obsessive rumination in which patient may experience repetitive intrusive thoughts and if the patients tries to resist them it cause significant anxiety

Dr Vikas :

I am recommending you a link, kindly just go through the symptoms and let me know whether or not you are experiencing the same

Customer: I see, so what shall i do to end these?
Customer: it is the first time i am looking for help
Customer: pls give me the link
Dr Vikas :

please wait for a minute

Customer: Ok sir
Dr Vikas :

you can see that the example given in this article are having obsessive ruminations

Customer: I am looking into it
Dr Vikas :

please take your time

Dr Vikas :

I am here for you

Customer: Yes i went briefly into it
Customer: it is almost the same way i am feeling like
Customer: but of ourse in a different case
Customer: when i try to reject it, i get more anxious.
Customer: But the thoughts are terrible
Dr Vikas :

yes, so it is possible that you are experiencing obsessive thoughts with a different content and which is causing guilt, when you try to resist them you become anxious

Customer: when i am aving sex with her, i start imagining another guy with us
Dr Vikas :

I can understand that.

Customer: when im alone i start masturbating while thinking we are having a 3 some
Dr Vikas :

do you experience these thought even while not having sex

Customer: I have to stop i am really sad
Customer: Yes i also experience this when i am not having sex
Dr Vikas :

OK, see, there are two possible options in your case

Customer: Ok..
Dr Vikas :

two main types of treatment

Customer: That are..?
Dr Vikas :

first one is medicines specially SSRI antidepressants like Fluoxetine

Dr Vikas :

or Escitalopram

Dr Vikas :

which can control these ruminations and the resulting anxiety / sadness

Customer: I see
Dr Vikas :

second option is Cognitive behavior therapy

Dr Vikas :

that is psychotherapy

Customer: I think the last one is much better for me
Dr Vikas :

:)

Dr Vikas :

well, I personally prefer to use medicines

Customer: Do you think i can overcome it using medicines?
Dr Vikas :

for psychotherapy you need to consult a psychologist near you

Dr Vikas :

in my experience, medicines are also very effective for obsessive ruminations and most patients start responding within 2-3 weeks

Customer: Wat side effects are there in taking these medicines?
Dr Vikas :

SSRI antidepressants are usually well tolerated by most of the patients and the side effects are usually transient and goes away within 1-2 weeks

Dr Vikas :

your GP can also prescribe you these medicines

Dr Vikas :

in the mean while you can try thought stopping technique and see if it helps

Customer: I tried thought stopping but it is very difficult
Customer: it comes stronger the next time after inreject it
Dr Vikas :

have you gone through you tube videos teaching these technique

Dr Vikas :

there are several such videos available

Customer: No never..
Customer: i will try the
Dr Vikas :

OK

Customer: I will try them
Customer: let me try these videos first
Dr Vikas :

OK

Customer: can i have your email pls
Dr Vikas :

It is not possible here on JA :)

Customer: :)
Dr Vikas :

You can contact me any time here

Customer: Anyways....ok thats fine
Dr Vikas :

Bookmark my profile link in your browser. ( http://www.justanswer.com/mental-health/expert-drvikas/ )

Customer: is there anything else you can tell me?
Dr Vikas :

Do you also consider yourself depressed?

Customer: No i am not depressed
Customer: i lead a stressful life, but i am not depressed
Dr Vikas :

OK, see Cognitive Behavior Therapy can also be helpful in OCD and anxiety and you can try free online CBT and see if it helps

Customer: I will try these i hope they will help
Dr Vikas :

I am giving you a link to that website

Customer: thanks dear..
Dr Vikas :

MoodGYM

Dr Vikas :

you can try any one of them

Customer: I will try one immidiately
Dr Vikas :

OK, great

Customer: i will try doing these for 1 week and i will see how it gets
Dr Vikas :

good, if this does not helps, a combination of SSRI antidepressant like Escitalopram in a dose of 10 mg along with a low dose of .25 or .5 mg of Clonazepam will be a very good option and you can discuss with your doctor about these medicines in case you decide to try medicine.

Dr Vikas :

are you there?

Dr Vikas :

I hope this helps

Dr Vikas :

Please feel free to discuss further if you have any other question.

Dr Vikas :

If you are satisfied with my answer please rate one of the positive ratings (3,4,5 / smiley faces) as this is the only way how we are compensated for our time and expertise.

Dr Vikas :

Kind regards

Dr Vikas :

Vikas

Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience: MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics