Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

hello I am a psychologist and have been taking zoloft 200 mg

hello I am a psychologist and have been taking zoloft 200 mg and ativan 0
.5 mg for 2 years. I also have mild cerebral palsy and have started valium 2mg last night to work as a muscle relaxant and told to use ativan p-rn by a neurologist. Do I need to taper the ativan at such a small dose and is valium better for long term use

Dr Vikas :

Hello

Dr Vikas :

You are taking only .5 mg of Ativan which is a very low dose itself so I don't think there is any need to taper down Ativan.

Dr Vikas :

moreover you will not be facing any withdrawal symptoms because you are taking another benzoidazepine that is Valium instead of Ativan.

Dr Vikas :

2 mg of Ativan is also comparatively a very low dose and can be taken if your neurologist want you to take it.

Dr Vikas :

I hope this helps, please feel free to discuss further if you have any other query.

Dr Vikas :

I am correcting myself again, 2 mg of Valium is also comparatively a very low dose and can be taken if your neurologist want you to take it.