Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

Do excercises of luminosity have affect OKMH32211

Customer Question

Do excercises of luminosity have affect on your mental health and if yes how. Is there any exercises that can be done to improve your mental health

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

The short answer to your question about Luminosity is Yes. Luminosity (as you know) has a series of programs and exercises that enhance cognitive function, mental awareness, memory retrieval and thus enhances and overall sense of mental well being and positive self esteem which are crucial in ingredients for maintaining good mental health.

Bill :

In respect to exercises that can improve emotional and mental health- I am attaching a link from Harvard Medical that has expansive detail and self help suggestions and exercises that will help you to improve emotional well being.

Bill :

Put these into practice and you will find increased happiness and wellbeing:

Bill :

Bill :

The following Life Balance Tool Kit guides you through a structure program of bringing balance and stability to ones life:

Bill :

Many of my patients find this to be very effective.

Bill :

If you have additional questions- feel free to ask- I am happy to help.

Bill :

Kindest regards,

Bill :

Bill :

Please Leave Positive Rating So that I receive Credit for my time.

Bill :

Kindest regards, Bill

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you give more info regarding lumosity since i played their games for long time but saw no real benefit for. should general population be affected by these exercises and if i did not get affected what is the reason could brain disorder.

also i am a person who has slow processing speed how could i improve it

is there excercises to enhance memory

thank you

Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.
Hi- Thank you for the additional information.

I am sorry to hear that you have slow processing memory speed---this is something that can be improved upon---for some easier than others- but if you do not have any profound cognitive defects or injuries these exercises should help you. If Luminosity did not do the trick- not to worry- there are other techniques that can help.

Like any exercise, you have to practice:

The exercises in the above link will help you in areas you desire.

I wish you the very best,

Kind regards, Bill

I appreciate your positive rating so that I receive Credit for my time.

Thank you and all the best!