Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

RA-hs

Customer Question

I have a recurring issue with rumination/intrusive thoughts upon early morning waking from an anxiety/worry related dream setting me into an alternative mode (which I believe is real), until I can detect it. This also happens during the day in response to certain triggers (eg location). How do I resolve this?

Assessed as having GAD, Depression relating to Anxiety

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Can you tell me more about your dreams?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

2) Can you describe what you mean by setting you into an alternative mode? How are you different?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It seems that you are not at your computer now.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I will ask a few more questions and if I leave my station the chat can continue, whether or not we are are on at the same time.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I prefer the instant back and forth, but I shall stay with you until we get to the heart of the matter.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

3) What are the triggers that set you off during the day?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

4) What is you gender, age, and what kind of work do you do and skills to you have?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

5) Have you suffered from any kind of of trauma (accident, war, kidnap, hostage, rape) or witness something horrific or were you abused or neglected in any way?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

6) Do you feel as if you have more than one personality inside of you?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

7) Do you hear voices or see things that may not be there?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

8) Is your behaviour ever reckless (spending, driving, sex, gambling, fighting, etc.)?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

9) Do you ever injury yourself or have attempted or thought of suicide or homicide?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

10) Does your heart ever race? Do you get short of breath?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

11) Do you ever feel that you are going to die?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

11) Do you have racing thoughts?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

12) Are you ever depressed?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

13) Have others commented on your bevaviour?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

14) Is this phenomenon interfering with your normal, everyday life?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I shall save this chat and it will be here to add things on as I did, whether I am at my desk or not. I will get back to you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Please fill in the answers and then we shall continue. Remember there is a big time difference between us.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It is now 11:53 AM Saturday in Sydney and 6:53 Friday where my office is located.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I look forward to your answers, and to helping you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer :

Customer :

I wish to cancel the session - but there is no option to cancel without rating. How is this done?