Ask a Psychiatrist and Get Answers to Mental Health Questions ASAP
I have a recurring issue with rumination/intrusive thoughts upon early morning waking from an anxiety/worry related dream setting me into an alternative mode (which I believe is real), until I can detect it. This also happens during the day in response to certain triggers (eg location). How do I resolve this?
Assessed as having GAD, Depression relating to Anxiety
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.
I believe that I can help you.
Can you tell me more about your dreams?
2) Can you describe what you mean by setting you into an alternative mode? How are you different?
It seems that you are not at your computer now.
I will ask a few more questions and if I leave my station the chat can continue, whether or not we are are on at the same time.
I prefer the instant back and forth, but I shall stay with you until we get to the heart of the matter.
3) What are the triggers that set you off during the day?
4) What is you gender, age, and what kind of work do you do and skills to you have?
5) Have you suffered from any kind of of trauma (accident, war, kidnap, hostage, rape) or witness something horrific or were you abused or neglected in any way?
6) Do you feel as if you have more than one personality inside of you?
7) Do you hear voices or see things that may not be there?
8) Is your behaviour ever reckless (spending, driving, sex, gambling, fighting, etc.)?
9) Do you ever injury yourself or have attempted or thought of suicide or homicide?
10) Does your heart ever race? Do you get short of breath?
11) Do you ever feel that you are going to die?
11) Do you have racing thoughts?
12) Are you ever depressed?
13) Have others commented on your bevaviour?
14) Is this phenomenon interfering with your normal, everyday life?
I shall save this chat and it will be here to add things on as I did, whether I am at my desk or not. I will get back to you.
Please fill in the answers and then we shall continue. Remember there is a big time difference between us.
It is now 11:53 AM Saturday in Sydney and 6:53 Friday where my office is located.
I look forward to your answers, and to helping you.
Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
I wish to cancel the session - but there is no option to cancel without rating. How is this done?