Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr Keane, Is it okay to learn to drive when I know

Dear Dr Keane, Is it okay to learn to drive when I know I still have anxious times? I know someone who would teach me. I am waiting until winter is well and truly past thought before exploring this avenue further. I remember you saying it may be anxiety inducing and I am sure that it would be and if it’s a good idea to be giving it a go……Also did you get what I added to our chat? I see you didn’t respond, perhaps I hadn’t written anything that could be responded to. I hope I haven’t said anything to annoy you. I do think that you are very good at your job and I think the proof is in the fact that behaviours like totally admonishing myself isn’t habitual like it once was. I am however quite anxious to hear back from you. On another note your idea of networking is okay, one person told me of a place I hadn’t ever heard of to look for jobs that might be quite interesting. I do not know when I can be online today, but I would be very grateful to hear back from you.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry I was not able to get back to you yesterday. Learning to drive is a good idea, anxious or not. The best way to approach this goal is to go into it with a good attitude and positive attitude, you know ..tell yourself this is going to be good for you and it's fun. There are anxious times one has when driving, for me it's on rainy, unfamiliar, truck heavy roads at night but a good deep breath and staying alert calms the angst. I'd take the offer and learn. I will take a look at the other chat, I did not get a chance to see it yet.

Dr.Keane :

I am also happy to hear that your networking is moving forward, it really pays off. It's another busy day but I'll try to catch up with you later.

Customer:

Thank you for getting back to me.

Customer:

I think I might be able to be online about 8pm. That makes two of us busy at work. Hope you are having a good day!

Customer:

I am trying to be more positive than what I was at the beginning of this week onwards, and am indeed feeling a bit more postive. Your response today has also gone a bit towards helping in that....I hope you have a good weekend and I hope that you don't have to drive on too many unfamiliar roads laden with trucks in rainy weather. That definitely sounds like it would produce some angst.

Customer:

I am glad good deep breaths help you calm that angst too....Enjoy the weekend!