psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

Ive been with my husband for 7 years

I've been with my husband for 7 years and I still can't seem to just lay back and enjoy sex with him. I gag at the end almost every time, occasionally I will cry, I always feel this sense of being uncomfortable. I don't understand why this always happens.

I should clarify that he is never rough with me and he's always very conscious of my feelings and always feels bad for me. I was never abused or assaulted though I did have an uncomfortable relationship when I was 18. He never hurt me but I don't have fond memories of him. He was seductive and convinced me to do things everything but sex that is. I always feltt wrong after I left his place

and just completely degraded. I'm sure a lot stems from that bug not all that sure why really it would still affect me now.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 1 year ago.
Relationships can be toxic and leave lasting effects. This can include a lack of desire or even dislike for sex. This may be the sex that is distasteful rather than your husband. Many times this is resolved through counseling where you can really process the effects of this relationship. Marriage counseling can be extremely helpful. Then you can work as a couple to find sex enjoyable again. If you have never found sex pleasurable then this is a sign that there is something under the surface that is blocking your enjoyment. I would call a therapist and work through the trigger that is causing you to find it so disturbing., A toxic relationship can lead to feelings of not only distaste but a mistrust of your partner and the activities involved in sex. See if your partner is willing to help you work through this.
psychlady, Therapist
Experience: Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.