Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

My son has been prescribed effoxer xr OKMH226211

My son has been prescribed effoxer xr for panic attacks what information can you give me on this drug

Thanks for your question.

Effexor is a very commonly prescribed medication for anxiety and panic attacks. There are some medications for panic attacks that are taken daily, and some that are taken as needed. Effexor XR is one of the medications that is taken daily, and the idea would be that by reducing your son's overall level of anxiety, he would be much less likely to have panic attacks. Effexor is very well studied and widely prescribed, so it is generally considered to be safe to take for these types of problems. I've attached a link here with more information about this medication and the potential side effects.

I hope that I've been able to answer your question, and if there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.