Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I am currently on Lexapro. Been on it 4 weeks and I am still

I am currently on Lexapro. Been on it 4 weeks and I am still crying non stop having panic attacks and feeling really agitated. is this normal
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about the way you are feeling.

Bill :

With Lexapro- it does take about 4-6 weeks for the medication to reach its full peak benefit so you should start to feel better progressively in the next week or so.

Customer: So u don't think I should try something else like Effexor
Bill :

So this is normal to still fell depressed and tearful at times.

Bill :

I would wait until you have been have realized the full benefit of Lexapro.

Bill :

It is a very good medication-

Bill :

What dose are you taking?

Customer: Taking 10 mg with 50 mg of serquel to help me sleep at night cause the anxiety is so bad
Bill :

And are these medications being prescribed by a Psychiatrist?

Customer: Yes
Bill :

Good-

Bill :

The Lexapro can be increased to 20mg per day if you do not start to feel better in the next week or so as long as your Doctor approves.

Customer: Do u think the serquel could be keeping the lexapro from working?
Bill :

I would hang in there and if you feel the need to increase the Lexapro sooner-----your Doctor may want to do that

Bill :

The combination can cause increased drowsiness and confusion...............

Bill :

Have you experienced these symptoms?

Customer: Tes
Bill :

Okay- in this case- I would put a call into your Doctor as soon as you wish and let him/her know how you are feeling.

Bill :

Dosage alteration or substitution from seroquel to something else may be indicated

Bill :

You can also inquire about increasing the Lexapro to 20mg

Bill :

You can also take Lexapro At night or 10 mg in am and pm to get better coverage.

Bill :

Getting this regulated is important and you should not hesitate to let your Doctor know how you are feeling.,

Bill :

OKAY?

Bill :

Is there anything else I can help with ?

Bill :

If so, feel free to respond and I will reply.

Bill :

Kindest regards,

Bill :

Bill

Customer: Thanks
Bill :

You are most welcome.

Bill :

I wish you the very best,

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

PLEASE LEAVE POSITIVE RATING SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME

Bill :

THank you

Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.