Jean
Jean, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Masters degree in counseling, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
66147936

Im always irritated especially at my child and my mother whom

I'm always irritated especially at my child and my mother whom I live with. Hyper sexual . Just want to be left alone .
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Hello, I'm available to assist you- welcome!

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Thank you for your post today

Jean N/20pluscounts :

I'm sorry for your struggle

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Things sound especially difficult right now. Are you under any particular pressure/stress? Have you experienced depression, anxiety, or mood issues in the past?

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Alcohol and sex are both methods to attempt to self medicate something deeper going on. Both are ways to "numb" or escape from the discomfort. Like you said you are always irritated. How long have you been feeling this way. It must be difficult living with your mother, and being a parent is often challenging.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Are you able to join me for a live chat?

Customer:

Yea

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Great

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Happy Valentines day!!

Customer:

I'm working two jobs . One of them is. Twelve hr night shift7pm to 7am. I'm freakin exhausted all the time. I just want brake ask. Feel like I'm being pulled in right different directions oh happy valentines day to you😊

Customer:

I'm sorry typos. Using my iphone

Jean N/20pluscounts :

You want to be left alone, but you also want to feel better- I'm glad you reached out today. Your plate is over flowing- that's too much for one person. You do need to find something to relieve this intense stress-

Customer:

Either that or I'm gong to just disappear. I feel it coming. I'm gong to leave and just shut my phone off for a few days.

Customer:

Maybe longer

Jean N/20pluscounts :

You work so much to provide for you and your daughter- pretty necessary right? Do you have opportunities to relieve stress. Time for you, to fill you back up, you are "empty", and have to refuel. You want to disappear- find relief of course.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

oops you didn't say daughter, sorry

Customer:

I have a son who used to be my dancing grace my comfort. He is now a main source of my aggravation. I have no downtime to refuel . As soon as I walk in the door from work everybody needs so something. Or to go somewhere

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Have you been treated for depression, anxiety, or mood disorder in the past? The alcohol and sex may be a way to self medicate- very common reasons people seek out those things.

Customer:

Anxiety after my sins father attacked me and our home . I was on Xanax for a few weeks

Customer:

Sons

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Do you have support, good friends, family, counselor? Having down time is as important as working- to support you- somehow have to find a way. It also sounds like you "do it all" at home- having to do things, go places. You may be experiencing trauma from that!!

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Trauma can create anxiety, trouble calming yourself, heightened emotions.

Customer:

That was 6 years ago Tho .

Customer:

I have counselor a and therapists available at work . I guess I need an appt huh?

Jean N/20pluscounts :

I see- it can continue to affect you, especially when life gets more challenging. Life its self can be challenging- especially as a single mother.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

If it is available, yes- you deserve the support, especially if you are to be up to the task of parenting, working etc etc.

Customer:

This helped just texting it out has made me feel a little relief .

Jean N/20pluscounts :

A therapist/counselor can be a good resource to sort things out, help you create some balance in your life, someone to "vent" to also. Let out some of this pressure.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Yes, talking to someone, another person- we all struggle, and we all need support!

Customer:

Thank you just didn't wanna feel or think I was losing my mind lol

Jean N/20pluscounts :

If you care for others, filling you back up is vital- to be up to the task- especially with the challenges in parenting. Your son wants you to be happy!!

Customer:

He does . I feel bad when I tell him I just want mommy time he knows that means to leave me alone

Jean N/20pluscounts :

It feels "crazy" sometimes, does not mean you are crazy!! Life is "crazy" sometimes- often. Caring for yourself is caring for your son. Give yourself the gift of talking to a counselor, especially if it's right at work-

Customer:

Yep it is. Thank you. Speaking of I better get ready to roll gotta be there by 7. Thanks for your time

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Today is the first day of the rest of your life :)- I do love that saying. Reaching out to day is a step in the right direction.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

would you rate my answer ok or higher so I can get credit?

Customer:

Absolutely

Jean N/20pluscounts :

you are welcome- take care- let me know if I can help again.

Jean, Psychotherapist
Experience: Masters degree in counseling, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)