Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist
16045978

Will I be sleepy the next day going from .15mg to 30 mg of

Will I be sleepy the next day going from .15mg to 30 mg of remeron? the 15mg does not make me sleepy the next day

Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

It is definitely possible that you will be sleepy the next day after increasing your dosage of Remeron. Drowsiness is one of the most common side effects of this medication, so even though you are not currently sleepy the next day, it is possible that your body will take a few days or longer to adjust to the higher dosage. Because of that, it would not be surprising if you are sleepy in the beginning. If it is unbearable or doesn't start to subside after a few days it would certainly be worth consulting your doctor regarding the dosage.

I hope I've been able to answer your question, and if there's anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Ryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will i slep the same on the 15 remeron without the trazadone? I"'m changing over to valium tomorrow too from ativan which could make me drowsy too?

Unfortunately it's always hard to say how someone is going to be affected, especially when changing multiple medications. Drowsiness is a common side effect of all the medications you mentioned, and it is also possible that this transition phase will affect your ability to sleep temporarily, which is very common when stopping some medications and starting others. If you generally don't have a problem with drowsiness as a side effect from medications, it may be a smooth transition. But, between the increased dosage of Remeron, starting Valium, and stopping two other medications known to affect people's sleep, it would not be surprising if there is some drowsiness especially in the beginning.