Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

I am having repetitive thoughts that wont quit. it is really

I am having repetitive thoughts that wont quit. it is really taking a tole on me. between anxiety and depression i dont know how to feel. I cant eat or sleep and vomit often due to these extrem thoughts. From one day to the next my life has changed i was perfectly fine before all of this. whats wrong with me and how do i make it stop.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

The repetitive thoughts that you've described are most often a result of very high levels of anxiety. Considering the significant problems these thoughts are causing for you including the inability to eat, sleep and vomiting, the most appropriate way to handle this would be to arrange for a meeting with your doctor or a psychiatrist in order to be evaluated for an anxiety medication.

While medication is not a perfect solution, it should help you start to get a better handle on your levels of anxiety and get some of these severe symptoms under control so that you can start to feel better in the short term. Studies have shown that the most effective way to overcome these types of issues is through a combination of therapy and medication. Because of that, it would be important that you are working on your anxiety levels either through therapy or on your own so that you do not become dependent on the medication to manage your anxiety.

Most likely if you were perfectly fine before all of this you will be able to get past this. Anxiety can have a lot of very scary effects on a person's life, and it is possible for it to spiral out of control if you had a few bad experiences. However, once this problem is being treated properly, you should start to see a major difference in your ability to cope. I definitely wish you the best with all of this, and if there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you think i may be bipolar

It may be possible that you have bipolar disorder, however the symptoms you've described can definitely be attributed to anxiety alone. Bipolar is generally characterized by drastic mood swings. If you are experiencing significant mood swings in addition to the other problems you've mentioned, it is possible that there is reason to be concerned about bipolar. I've left you a link here for an online test that will help you to better determine whether or not you may have bipolar. If you do find that there's a good chance that you have bipolar, the way to handle that would be the same as I mentioned earlier. It would be best to meet with a doctor or psychiatrist in order to get a proper evaluation completed and explore medication/treatment options. Hang in there,