TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

iam 61 years old and still wear diapers,wear baby outfits,

i'am 61 years old and still wear diapers,wear baby outfits, and still use a baby bottle.I have tryed to stop this several times over the years, but can't. I want to remain a baby so bad ,i can;t stop.What is wrong with me? Am i crazy?
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

You are definitely not crazy. Wearing diapers, baby outfits and using a bottle is not behavior that harms anyone. However, if you feel distressed by it, then it needs addressed. It is called Paraphilic infantilism and is easily addressed through therapy.

When someone reverts back to behavior from childhood, it usually indicates an unresolved trauma. Since you use clothing and items from when you were a baby, that may mean that whatever trauma you suffered affected you either during that time of your life or you have unresolved issues that make you want to revert back to that time.

It would help to explore how you feel with a qualified therapist. Just trying to stop on your own is worth a try, but since the original issue is still unresolved, it is harder to stop the behavior. Talking to a therapist can help you find out more about what caused this issue and how to resolve it. At this point, you are only experiencing the symptoms of a deeper problem. It's like treating medical symptoms without knowing what is causing them in the first place. It's not going to help unless you know what is the cause.

To find a therapist, talk with your doctor about a referral. Or you can search on line at

Also, you can use self help to understand the issue more. Here is a resource to help you:

What you are experiencing is not unusual. It may hold you back from seeking treatment if you feel that you are crazy. But this type of behavior is more common that most people realize. And just the step of reaching out can help you to feel better.

I hope this has helped you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just wanted you to know i've been this way since about 4 years old. This is now all i think about. I'am this way 24/7 now. Why would i want others to know about this?

You don't have to let others know, just a therapist. A therapist is by law forced to keep what you say confidential. You can certainly keep trying to address this on your own. That is ok. But usually there is a deeper issue that you need help with so you can resolve the problem. Just by reaching out today you have taken an important step to feeling better.

If you have been this way since age 4, then the incident(s) that caused this occurred before that time. It sounds like a trauma of some sort that did not allow you to get your needs met when you were very young. While in therapy, you can explore what might have occurred and find ways to address your needs in ways that you feel more comfortable with. You are thinking about this all the time because your mind is telling you that there is an unresolved issue you need to address. By talking about it, you can stop thinking about it all the time and take steps to resolve it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do you go about finding someone such as yourself to talk to that won't think less of you or laugh at you when they see you?

Any therapist you reach out to should never respond in such a manner. If they do, they should be reported. But you can increase your chances of finding someone by talking to your doctor about a referral (ideally your doctor should be familiar with the therapist's work if he/she is referring you) and by interviewing therapists on the phone before you see them face to face. That way, you can get a sense of what they are like and how they would respond to you. The resource I gave you in the first post also lets you see the therapists picture, their credentials and a short paragraph from them about their practice. It will help you find someone you feel comfortable with.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would really like that, thank you very much.

You're very welcome! It isn't easy I know. But you are doing the right thing.

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
Thank you so much for the positive rating and bonus! It is very appreciated.

If I can help anytime in the future, please let me know. Just put "Kate" in front of your new question and I will answer.

Take care,