Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

BILL ONLY!!!!! This is Mary starting a new thread like you

BILL ONLY!!!!! This is Mary starting a new thread like you requested. Two things for final closure i guess since you orinally had a problem with my dad sometimes quickly glancing at my chest if we are talking and then looking quickly away. Do you think that is abnormal and you are sure (as sure as you can be with online conversation) that I am not becoming psychotic because of this. I am uncomfortable with thus only if you think it is abnormal and so I just want you to tell me his quick glances sometimes are not abnormal. Thanks.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

Mary-

Bill :

As I have said before- this behavior obviously makes you uncomfortable to the extent that you obsess on it.

Bill :

If you have not followed my suggestion to see an Expert about medication to ease your anxiety make a conclusive diagnosis as to whether or not this an anxiety related disorder or something else, I again encourage you to do so.

Bill :

I know you want to see this as some form of paranoia which severe anxiety can become if not properly treated.,

Bill :

Talk to your Doctor and let me know what he/she thinks.

Bill :

Kindest regards, Bill

Mary-

I want you to read the following----------and share it with your Doctor.

This is how I see what is going on with you:

Conclusions

"The study shows that social anxiety and persecutory ideation share many of the same predictive factors. Non-clinical paranoia may be a type of anxious fear. However, perceptual anomalies are a distinct predictor of paranoia. In the context of an individual feeling anxious, the occurrence of odd internal feelings in social situations may lead to delusional ideas through a sense of ‘things not seeming right’. The study illustrates the approach of focusing on experiences such as paranoid thinking rather than diagnoses such as schizophrenia."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2830058/

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks. i orginally worried about it briefly which is when i asked the original expert on here. he said my dad was fine but i showed one trait of ppd so i asked you about that and told you the situation of how the topic came up. at that point i was not worried about my dad. but you said i was not the problem, my dad was and ever since then i have been worried about it because you initially said ypu did npt see my dads behavior as normal but abnormal. if i could just get a solid answer from you that you do not see this as abnormal than i wont have anythongto worry about because everyone has said it is not a bog deal. if that is the case, do you still think i will necome delusupnal?

Mary-

RE: your father. I do not think it is a big deal unless it bother you. That is the botXXXXX XXXXXne.

I think you would benefit from taking medication to ease your anxiety or your intense worry COULD result in your becoming delusional as stated in the article above-
Anxiety can lead to paranoia. Get treated for the anxiety and you wont have to worry about it.

Kind regards,

Bill
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am not bothered by it unless you think his quick glances are abnormal.

Mary-

I do not think they are abnormal if you are not bothered. That is the botXXXXX XXXXXne.

All the best, Bill

Please Leave Positive Rating so that I receive credit for my time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is there a way you can forget what i think and just tell me whether or not you think it is abnormal. that was my original question. i didnt know whether or not to be bothered. does that make sense? i dont know how else to explain this. i am not under the impression my father is being inappropriate towards me. all i wanted to know is whethet or not his quick glances were abnormal. not based on how i feel because if i knew how to feel i wouldnt have asked this question. do you think he is abnormal? that is the question. if you can just answer that i will give this a positive rating and make an appointment to see my docotr monday. i have neber been so confused or afraid (not of my dad, myself) in my life. i do not want to he crazy, but because of this information you are giving me i feel that i am .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please ignore my previous post, it wont let me edit it. i am not under the impression that my dad is weird. i had a question about whether or not you thought his one small habit was abnormal. i dont want your answer to be based on how i feel about because i want to know your opinion on his occassional habit. thats all. i hope that wanting you to answer that dies not make me delusion/paranoid. my anxiety is not because of my dad at this point. my anxiety and obsession is because i think you feel he is sbnormal and if thats truely the case i dont know where that leaves me. when he quickly glances at me i get snxious because i know you are the only one who has not said it was okayin your opinion. you just keep saying if i am comfortable it is okay. i dont eant

Mary- I Do not think that the occasional glances are abnormal.

Best, Bill