TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

I cant prove it but wonder if was molested as a child? I can

I can't prove it but wonder if was molested as a child? I can remember being 5 at camp tell girls about my penis (smh) but I felt like at that age I was a liitle premiscious, and as a adult I'm always inscure, and selective! Could something have happened?
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

When you mentioned feeling that you were a bit promiscuous at age 5, what do you mean? Were there other situations you recall happening at that age?

What was your relationship like with your parents? Was there any other type of abuse?

And when you say you are selective, what do you mean?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

loved love scences in soaps, i was verbal abuse by famliy, never told i was loved, was to innocent as a child, got more masculine as a got older

Thank you for the additional information.

It sounds more like you were desperate to be loved by someone rather than sexually abused. If you enjoyed the love scenes on T.V. and tried to get others' attention by showing your penis, then it could be that you wanted to connect to others so you could get the attention and love you were not getting at home. Being attracted to love scenes may have meant that you were deprived of love and seeing it attracted your attention because it was what you needed.

Being insecure also can be as a result of a lack of love as a child. Children who are neglected often feel there is something wrong with them because they did not get love or attention. So they feel it must have been because of who they are.

Because your parents did not pay much attention to you, it is unlikely they abused you sexually. Most perpetrators will pay too much attention to a child rather than ignore them. They spend time "grooming" the child and may even buy them gifts. A child may be told that they are loved, but it holds a different meaning than the love a child needs and deserves.

It may help you to consider talking to a therapist just to be sure. A therapist can help you explore your past and use your current symptoms to determine if there is any merit to possible abuse. To find a therapist, talk to your doctor for a referral. Or search on line at

I hope this has helped you,

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that true, but i was sexually harassed at 17, and i felt like this little boy who was scared, at 5 i was showing off, but i was always scared to affection sex, it crazy!

Being sexually harassed doesn't mean you were abused because in that situation, you are not doing anything but the other person is. Neither does being scared of showing affection, which could easily be connected to the lack of love you got as a child.

Usually symptoms of sexual abuse are deeper because of the level of trauma. You may react similarly to someone who has been through a war or a severe trauma. You may have anxiety, nightmares, flashbacks or physical symptoms. That does not mean you were not abused, but the symptoms you are describing do not seem to match. Seeing a therapist could help you clear this up because they are able to get a full history and talk with you at length about your memories and relationships which can help uncover more information.

Please don't forget to rate my service as OK or higher so I am credited for my answer. Thanks so much!