Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

I cant get something out of my mind for past 3 and half weeks

I can't get something out of my mind for past 3 and half weeks it just came out of nowhere and is driving me mad
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Please expand with more detail and I will be happy to help you with this.

Kind regards, Bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have something in my head telling me I'm gay but I know I'm not as iv a perfect girlfriend and very happy it is really geting to me
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Monty-

Having thoughts of being gay are not abormal.

It is my sense that these thoughts are disturbing to you in some way - can you expand a little bit on how the impact your thinking, your sense of self and whether how long you have been trouble by this?

Kindest regards, Bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has only been going on for 3 and half weeks it's just a thought I can't get out of my mind even tho I know it's wrong
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Monty-

What is the content of the thought? You can be as explicit as possible.

You are telling yourself it is wrong and I understand what you mean however, everyone develops a difference sense of what is wrong and I am curious to know why you think this is wrong? Also, can you remember what was happening when the thought emerged?

Thanks, Bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's wrong because I know I'm not gay it's just a thought in my head I can't get out I work in the mines so I'm away a lot and just do to much thinking I have been suffering from anxiety pains as well for years so thought maybe it's anxiety again
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Monty-

Thanks for the helpful information.

Someone that has a history of problems with anxiety can become fixated on a negative thought such as you describe.

Anxiety and depression go hand in hand and ones normal supply of coping energy is depleted which allows thoughts like this to become more intrusive.

I would speak to your Doctor about getting some medication to help lessen your anxiety and if needed, some short term supportive counseling.

With these interventions, the problem should resolve in a short period of time.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne- this is an anxiety based issue and these problems are very treatable.

Detail on treating anxiety and some self help strategies are elaborated upon here:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_therapy.htm

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask-

Otherwise, follow above recommendations and all should be well.

Kindest regards,

Bill

I appreciate your Positive Rating So that I receive Credit for my time.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get rid of these thoughts they making me feel depressed its not something ya can tell everyone cause it's so weird il give ya a good rating
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Monty-
You need to talk to this with a trained therapist who is going to be non-judgmental and help you Normalize this as part of what can occur in someone who is depressed and anxious.

If you need help finding a therapist to help you, send me your zip code. I am happy to help.

Kind regards, Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's