Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I have been married for 2-1/2 years. OKMH206211

I have been married for 2-1/2 years. At first I thought to the man of my dreams. If I could have made a list of things I wanted in a man, he met that plus some. Little by little the dream man left and this person I don't know or most of the time like surfaced. He told me during his first marriage he saw a councellor to try and save things. He said the therapist said he had a lack of empathy. He didn't like hearing that. To me that didn't sound good but also didn't make sense. I'm not being told from therapists I'm seeing that I'm married to a narssasist. I was recently in the hospital for anxiety related issues. He never called and visisted once. When I was released he picked me up, took me home and left for the weekend to visit his 87 year old father. We are now seperating. I work from home. He shows up here to "pick up clothes". I made it clear that he should take what he needs until he formally moves out. He is being a sweetheart. It's almost like he's asking if I want sugar in my coffee instead of talking about ending a relationship. He's pushing my buttons and I don't know how to stop him.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this.

Bill :

If you are engaged in a relationship with a Narcissist - you have to see it as an emotionally abusive relationship. Period.

Bill :

The best way forward is OUT. Seek the support that is necessary and set limits to preserve your emotional well being.

Bill :

I have studied the Narcissistic Type for over 30 years and what you see is what you get. The best thing for you is to move forward.

Bill :

See the following video from one of the worlds leading experts on Narcissistic relationships.

Bill :

I trust this will help.

Bill :

Kindest regards,

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

I appreciate your positive rating so that I receive credit for my time.