Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

i cant believe i am putting my problem out there like this but i dont know what the first

i cant believe i am putting my problem out there like this but i dont know what the first step is. I am a Married Women and i love my husband so very much and i love my life and being a wife. So i just like to get attention and talk to other guys behind his back and i took it to far and i need help to fix this weird pathetic urge inside of me that i hate about myself. Is this a certin mental disorder is there a certain kind of dr. i should belooking to talk to about this?
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

There are a few possibilities for the attention seeking behavior that you've described. Often times it can be the result of problems in your in a relationship, or the need to communicate with people on a different level that you are currently with your husband. If you don't think it is a result of problems within your relationship, it can also be the result of some self esteem or self confidence issues. Being able to attract some attention is enough to boost anyone's ego, so it is a natural way to make yourself feel good even though it is unhealthy in the context of your relationship. Unless this problem is extremely out of control it is probably not the result of a mental disorder, but it is understandable that you'd want to work through this for the sake of your relationship.

If you feel like this is more related to relationship problems, the best thing would be for you and your husband to see a marriage counselor. Otherwise the most appropriate person to meet with would be a psychologist, or licensed therapist. The will be able to talk through this problem with you and work on some practical solutions. I definitely wish you the best with all of this, and if there's anything else I can do to help please let me know.