wieyedoc
wieyedoc,
48069651

Personal motivational coach covered OKMH203211

Customer Question

Personal motivational coach covered by insurance ? lifestyle coach for young adult male going through adversity? Hi, I am looking to find some psychology saavy CSW or other to coach my child and help him plot goals and keep on track. Is there such a thing and how to have insurance cover part of the expenses? I imagine some goal setting and then coaching daily with phone calls to train a disorganized person how keep focus.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm online and available to assist you. Thank you for your patience.

What type of insurance does this young man have?

Is he currently disabled due to his medical problems?

Is he in school, working etc?

What have you tried so far?

Has he been in trouble with the law?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

BCBS PPO

after the contussion he was depressed and i took him for an psycho evaluation.....but we did not continue with college because he could not focus after he tried to take just 2 classes....

He got a part time job making sandwhiches but midnight to 4 AM were his hours,, and now finally found one job for 40 hours...with various hours....

Was in trouble 1 time for speeding about 10 m over the limit and with pot in the blood test,,,but i think it is not on his record...

His mother experienced post partum depression when he was a child and continued to have some dysfunction so he has the challenge to make a life for himself with his own perspective now and to discard the baggage so to speak of a dysfunctional inconsistant upbrining.,,,

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
What you are asking, as far as something that his medical insurance will cover, is very unusual.

The best way, however, to get the ball rolling on what you are looking for, with the best chance of having it at least covered in part by his medical insurance, would be to have a consultation with his primary care MD and have her help to coordinate obtaining care through the PPO's inhouse network.

I do not believe that insurance would cover "therapy" over the phone, but in person or group treatment might be available, at least for the short term.

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS