psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

I feel as though my life is stuck somewhere I dont know. I

Customer Question

I feel as though my life is stuck somewhere I don't know. I feel lost and confused. I can't sleep at nights...
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Sometimes people feel stuck for many reasons. A common reason to feel stuck is that there is some sort of mood disorder. Often there is a mild mood disorder that presents itself with lack of motivation. This is true of depression for instance. Depression will present itself by lack of motivation and fatigue. The inability to make decisions or just feelings of being tired can result in a feeling of being stuck. This can last several months or several years. When someone is unmotivated this results in not making progress or having a sense of direction. A therapist can help you identify this problem and manage whatever mood issues are present. The other possibility is that you are not identifying what you want in your life and this leads to feelings of feeling overwhelmed. People sometimes have a need to develop better decision making skills and require direction in developing these skills. Sometimes people have issues prioritizing and they need to have guidance for awhile so that they can develop ways to identify goals that they can put in action. Either way you should reach out to develop skills that will last a lifetime. Work closely with a therapist to develop ways to make productive use of your positives. You can change whatever is holding you back.