Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Ive been on Zoloft 50mg and Wellbutrin SR 150mg with relatively

I've been on Zoloft 50mg and Wellbutrin SR 150mg with relatively good results. I increased the Zoloft to 100mg and felt even better. In a foreign country for two months and unable to get sertraline. Effexor X-ray 75 mg and 150 mg are available. Wellbutrin alone makes me jittery and Zoloft helps to keep my emotions more stable and take the edge off. Can I substitute Effexor sr 75 mg or 150 mg for the Zoloft and continue the Wellbutrin. I also have a short attention span and am easily distracted.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you know that sertraline is also marketed under the name of Lustral and may be available under that name.

Customer: I can look for it but will it make a difference to substitute an SNRI for a SSRI? N
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Effexor may not be your first choice because it has many side effects (and some of my colleagues call it "side-effexor").

Customer: What different effects will the new drug offer that the old one didn't?
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It may be very similar, but their are other SSRIs that might be more suitable.

Customer: Ok thank you for your time. I
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Prozac (fluoxetine), Paxil (paroxetine), Luvox (fluvoxamine) and Celexa (citalopram).

Customer: I think that sticking with a combo that I know already works is probably best. I'll go on a quest for lustral.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You say that you have a short attention span and are easily distracted. Have you always been this way since you were a child?