Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Hi, I am a 27 year old female and I have been unable to orgasm

Customer Question

Hi, I am a 27 year old female and I have been unable to orgasm with any of my boyfriends in the past and my now husband.
The only way I can orgasm is by fantasizing that my partner is having sex with another woman and that he is enjoying her more than he enjoys me. I know it sounds really strange, but this is the only way I have ever been able to orgasm.
I was molested when I was young, but to what extent I am not really sure. I only have certain memories, and they aren't very clear. I know this has affected me somewhat, because in the past I have been drawn to abusive men and also became obsessed with rough sex and being dominated. I don't have that sort of sex now, but I don't feel aroused without it.
I don't know what to do, because this is really starting to affect my marriage. My husband and I have only been married three years and we barely have sex anymore. I am too afraid to talk to someone in person about this, because I get embarrassed. Can you please give me some advice?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 3 years ago.
Have you attempted to talk with any doctor or therapist about this condition in the past?

How does your husband feel about your current level of sexual activity?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.