Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Experience:  35 years experience counseling children and families

I need the assistance of a medical coder OKMH201211

I need the assistance of a medical coder and am looking for the CPT codes for the following: (1) Evaluation or Extensive office visit by a physiatrist (4 - 5 hours); (2) Evaluation or extensive office visit by a PHD (3-4 hours) (3) Psychological testing for each of the following tests: Symptom Assessment 45 Questionnaire (SA-45); MMPI - 2; MCMI-III; Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) Thank you

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question today. I am not a coding billing specialist but I do bill for these services and understand the procedure codes....

Here is the very new coding system for 2013:

The psychiatric evaluation would probably be: 90792 (with complexiity add-on of 90785);

The psychologist would be: 90791(with possible complexity add-on 90785)

The add-on codes require prior authorization by the insurance company;

The psychologcial testing code did not change in 2013 and it is 96101 (no matter what the test) and then a certain amount of units (hours) are specified. The 96101 includes scoring and interpreting the tests and a written report of the results. The tests you mention can take 3-4 hours to interpret and 3-4 96101 units would be billed on the claim form.

I hope this helps,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your service was excellent and thanks. Yes I provided a formal rating for you.