Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

How do I deal with living in a marrage with some one that wants

How do I deal with living in a marrage with some one that wants nothing to do with me but can't leave?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I would be happy to help you with this, however, to provide the best possible response, I am going to need more detail.

Please provide more detail about your marital history and what has lead to this point.
Also elaborate on what you mean by "but can't leave"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We got married really young. Cause we had are first child and she figured we should times were hard money wise so I became a truck driver. So I am gone a lot things kinda just went on then second child came along we built a house and shortly after she became distant told me she was just liven the youth she never had because she had are children so young. I just said ok then I get a call one night that I have to go to doctor because she gave me a std to witch she tells me she got raped by a friend but didn't want anyone to know about cause she thinks she might have lead him on ( cause you know I flirt when I drink) so I just let that one slid. She kinda is back in to the marrage for awhile then she is hang out with a old friend from school and becomes close with her boy friend to witch I don't feel is right so I ask it too stop and shit hit fan she said I wad jumping to conclusions but it ends. A while goes by she tells me she dosnt love me anymore but doesn't want to wreak our family but she doesn't want me to talk or touch hey anymore but I don't want to live like that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both of are are willing to leave the home we built for our children or have the money to life alone
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
MIke -

Thank you for the additional information.

In situations like this it is often helpful to meet with a Marriage Therapist to sort out the reality of what sounds like a complex situation and figure out the best path that will meet your desired goals.

This is not designed to resurrect the marriage but to develop a plan under the difficult circumstance that you are dealing with.

Is that something that you and your wife would agree to? If not, I would suggest that you meet with some one to get some help sorting this out so that you can maintain your emotional well-being.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards, Bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks we tried that it never solved much
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Mike-

I understand- and this is a very difficult situation to deal with .

If you like to read- I highly recommend the book "Choices" Taking Control of your life and making it Matter by Melody Beattie

Book information can be found here:

http://www.harpercollins.com/browseinside/index.aspx?isbn13=9780061741258

I am also attaching a link that will help you maintain your emotional wellbeing

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/mental_emotional_health.htm

I wish you the very best,

Bill

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Will look in on those
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Mike - You are most welcome.

All the best,

Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's