Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

I got terrible precipitated withdrawal from going on 16 MG

I got terrible precipitated withdrawal from going on 16 MG Suboxone trying to get off 100 MCG Patch Fentantyl I was on for a year. I got horriblly sick immediately. I had to go up on more Suboxone at the time to compinsate but I am now back to 16 MG per day the last 2 weeks but feel a feeling mental depression and a fear something is going to happen real bad. I have taken Suboxone before coming off percocet and dialaudid and this did not happpen. I was real sick for 2 weeks this time and now it is one month and, especially after a sleep I wake up with this inner feeling of doom, depression etc. What could this be?
This is a powerful pain medication. It is horribly hard to withdraw from. Suboxone theoretically blocks cravings but also has to be administered by expert and has its own set of problems. This needs to be carefully monitored by an expert in pain management. Fentanyl and percocet/dilaudid are are different meds. You very likely are depressed and need personal attention.