TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

I dont really have a fear of flying, but the closed in feeling

I dont really have a fear of flying, but the closed in feeling I get lately is ruining my vacation before I even get on the plane. I feel this overwhelming desire to get of the plane, my heart begins to pound and my breathing becomes iratic to the point where I feel I cant breathe. I know this is all in my head, but i just cant seem to stop the feelings comming on!! please can u help me.

CoachJenK :

Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

CoachJenK :

The anxiety you feel before hand can be overwhelming for sure. Often worse than the actual flight.

CoachJenK :

Do you prctice any breathing exercises or self hypnosis?

CoachJenK :

There is a wonderful instant download that you can listen to every night that can come this fear of flying. You can find it here. http://www.stevegjones.com/fearofflyinghypnotherapycdmp3.htm

CoachJenK :

If this is not enough then I would strongly suggest you speak with your doctor to try and find out the underlying cause of this anxiety and fear of being closed in.

CoachJenK :

I see you are offline. When you are back on we can chat. In the meantime take a look and listen to a sample from the link above. It has been helpful for many people.

TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Let me know if you need any more support and let me know if you find the CD helpful. I believe it will be.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I see you relisted. Is there something else that you are looking for? I have a suggestion if this is the only time you experience anxiety.