Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

why am i so sensitive

why am i so sensitive

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

Do you mean any nerve sensitivity? or just emotionally sensitive?

Customer:

emotional

Dr. P Jyoti :

ok

Dr. P Jyoti :

this is more of an emotional health question then

Dr. P Jyoti :

would you like me to refer you to the emotional health category in our section?

Customer:

ok

Dr. P Jyoti :

ok I will opt out and refer you there, please hold on.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i havent got any answer

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am happy help you with this. To give you the best possible answer, I need you to give me more specific information and examples what you mean by emotional sensitivity and how the problem relates to your unique circumstances. Once you tell me a little more about your problem with emtional sensitivity- I will respond in detail.

It would also be helpful to know:
1) What it was like growing up in your family?
2) Marital and relationship history
3) Occcupational history
4) How you would describe your self esteem.

I look forward to hearing from you and helping you with this issue.

Kindest regards, Bill
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mom loved Dad,he drank and cheated on her alot I was 12 when they devorced I'm on my 4th marriage 9 yrs married and its good. I've worked since the age of16 right now I work at the home depot as a pro cashier, The other pro cashier use to be my best friend but now she doesnt talk to me I'm not real sure why this happens alot with my friendships. Self esteem I'd have to say is low

Hello-
Thank you for this most helpful information.

When one grows up in a family where there is drinking and infidelity, the foundation is laid for children to poor self esteem, low self worth, anxiety, questions of what is right vs wrong, what is normal vs abormal.

As you have written, this later leads to poor choices in relationships and (it is common to have a number of failed marriages as you never had a model of what is healthy) and this also applies to ones internal world and leads to ongoing issues with insecurity, a heightened sense of wondering "what is wrong with me" -SENSITIVITY to how you are perceived by others in all relationships - co-worker-friends- family.

Typically, one trys be over pleasing in effort to fix problems in effort to restore and repair what is the inner sense of loss that occured while growing up.

We call this a Co-dependent foundation and it is through learning about co-dependency and resolving the issues related to family of origin that one is able to become more self confident and less sensititve to the the myriad of issues that are commonly seen in people who have experienced what you have in your life.

I am attaching some helpful links that explain this in detail and what you can do to overcome this problem with feeling too "sensitive:"

http://joy2meu.com/condition_codependency.html

The above link has a number of additional links that address all issues surrounding codependence and low self worth. It is an excellent resource.
Inner Child healing is where you begin:

http://joy2meu.com/inner_child.html

Additional links that will help you - follow:

http://www.coda.org/tools4recovery/patterns-new.htm

http://melodybeattie.com/codependency/

I also want you to read the following that is a useful guide in establishing emtional wellbeing:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/mental_emotional_health.htm

This is a lot of information to absorb, however, it will help you get on the path to feeling better and less sensitive.

If you have additonal question for me, feel free to ask.....I am happy to help.

Kindest regards,

Bill

I Appreciate your Positive Rating So That I Receive Credit For My Time

Thank you

Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's