TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Ive been seeing the same psychologist for 3 years now,i really

I've been seeing the same psychologist for 3 years now,i really feel connected to him,the problem is,my sessions are supposed to be 45min,150.00,i cant sit there for more then 20 minutes,he has brought this to my attention,i dont feel like im getting less out of therapy,just talking to him for 5 minutes makes me feel better,do you think this is a problem?
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

If you feel all you need is a few minutes with him, that is ok. You can work with him to set up appointments that are shorter if he will do that. Another option, if you want to do this, is to find out why you struggle to sit longer with him. If you just need short term reassurance, then that makes sense. But if you feel you have trouble sitting for long periods of time to do anything, or you feel nervous in therapy facing your issues, then exploring why you feel as you do can help you.

The positive thing is that you feel connected to your therapist. If you feel you are being helped and that your depression is improving and you are functioning as you want to in your life, then your therapy is working. How you get that therapy is up to you. If a short time works, then that should not be an issue. The idea behind 45 to 50 minutes is so a person in therapy has time to work through deeper issues. But if that is not what you need, then that is ok. Hopefully, your therapist is willing to work with you on seeing you for a shorter time so you can feel less stressed to stay the entire time for therapy.

Let me know if you have any more questions before you rate my answer.

I hope this has helped you,
Thank you very much for the positive rating and bonus. I appreciate it!

My best to you,