TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Im a man of 29 and I feel really depressed all the time. Nothing

I'm a man of 29 and I feel really depressed all the time. Nothing motivates any more. I see the world only has being a corrupted and greedy place, and I really don't want to have anything to do with it anymore. We do not live in a free society. What can I do to try to see to bright side of life?
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

It sounds like you are depressed. And with depression often comes negative thoughts and generalized thinking that everything, and everyone, is bad. Sometimes you may feel as you do because you have been through difficult experiences in life. Always feeling as if you are fighting a battle can wear you down and make you feel like giving up. Other times there is no specific cause. You just find yourself feeling more and more discouraged.

Depression is often characterized by feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness, lack of energy or motivation, thoughts of death and/or suicide and trouble concentrating. It is common to feel there is no hope and no way out.

If you have not tried therapy, you might want to at this point. Therapy is often one of the best ways to feel better. Medications are helpful to deal with the symptoms of depression but they do not get rid of them permanently. Therapy can do that for you. To have a better chance at finding a good therapist, ask your doctor for a referral.

You may also want to try medications. They are helpful to ease the symptoms but they do vary in their effectiveness so you may need to try a few different ones to see what works for you. Each person has their own body chemistry and what works for one may not work for another. But medications can help you deal with the symptoms until therapy starts to help you.

Motivation is a very difficult symptom of depression. It often keeps people from helping themselves and reaching out to others. But support and self help are vital in helping you overcome depression. Consider support groups, either on line or in person. People who are experiencing the same symptoms as you are can offer invaluable support, ideas and companionship to help you feel better. Also, working on your depression at home can supplement your therapy or other treatment. Here are resources to help you get started:

Once you are able to reach out, you will start to feel better. Let others support you and offer help. You do not have to do this alone. It is ok if you don't feel you can trust them at first. Go slowly and read a lot before you jump into any forum or group. I think you will find that people want to help more than hurt.

I hope this has helped you,