Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist
16045978

Me and my husband are having marital problems

Me and my husband are young couple nad have been married for 7 years. We have two young kids. Lately, I have noticed he is not into me anymore. He comes home after work and says that he needs to work in the evening so we never spend time together. Also, he does not tell me any compliments, does not really notice me anymore. I feel lonely and ignored. He does not try to be intimate and we rarely kiss and hug. We fight more often and he gets very mean and defensive. He does not really appreciate how much work I do around kids and the house. We don't really talk anymore. He comes home and after he puts kids to bed sits by himself and works. I am very concerned. I think we are having problems with our marriage. I don't feel that he loves me anymore. Week or two can pass by and he does not try to have sex with me. He is just different. I just need to know if I should see marriage counselor and if all these are the signs that my marriage is in trouble. Thanks Nini

Thanks for your question Nini. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through with your husband. It sounds like there has been an obvious change in your relationship over time, and while this is not too uncommon, it can be the sign of some larger problems if this continues to go unaddressed. In trying to resolve this, a lot depends on the reason why things got to this point. It is possible that there are problems in your marriage that are contributing to this. However, often times people get caught up in their own lives and routines, which doesn't necessarily indicate relationship problems, but more of a need to reevaluate and reprioritize what is important in life.

Either way, if you and your husband are having a hard time talking about this and working through it, a marriage counselor can certainly help. Sometimes it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what went wrong, or what the solution is. In that case it can be extremely beneficial to talk it through with a professional who is experienced in helping people resolve these types of problems. Despite the fact that you and your husband may be having a hard time right now, if you can both agree that you want to make this relationship better and are willing to work on it, there is certainly reason to be optimistic for the future, even if that required the help of a counselor.

I definitely wish you both the best with all of this, and if there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.

Ryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your answer.