Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

i cannot believe ny son is gone after suicide.that closeness we shared was rare i feel lik

i cannot believe ny son is gone after suicide.that closeness we shared was rare i feel like i'm in a huge fog and when its gone he'll be back
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about this tragedy involving your son. It's not uncommon to go through this fog and have these feeling like he'll be back, even if he has been gone for some time now. It is all part of an extremely difficult grieving process caused by such a tragedy. Over time the fog will clear and you'll be able to go about your life again with your son's memory on your mind and in your heart, but in a more functional way. However getting to that point can be very tough, so I respect that you are reaching out for support.

Talking with your psychiatrist can certainly help. There are medications that they may be able to prescribe which will help you cope with some of this grief, and it can make life more manageable for you while you are attempting to recover. Some psychiatrists also provide talk counseling, however if you are not in regular counseling sessions to process the emotions that you are experiencing, that can extremely benefitial. I would also encourage you to look into some local support groups, or even online support groups, for parents who have been through similar circumstances. Often it is possible to draw a lot of strength and support from people with shared experiences, so while it may be hard at first, it can also be an important part of the healing process.

I definitely wish you the best with all of this. You didn't state a specific question in your post, and I want to make sure I am able to help you with your concerns. If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Hi, I'm sorry to see that you left me a poor review, which will go on my permanent record unless you would consider changing it. My goal is to help you out with this, but perhaps I'm not understanding what information you are looking for. Can you please clarify your question so that I can make sure you are satisfied? Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cannot process this. why?

What specifically are you having a hard time processing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that my son is actually gone
How long ago did it happen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

8 days ago.

After 8 days it's not uncommon to have an extremely difficult time processing what happened. This is a very serious tragedy, so it may just take some time and healing before you really feel like you're able to process this. What you're going through is unfortunately normal considering the circumstances. I've attached a link here to an article describing the stages of Grief and Loss. You can see that the first stage describes a process of denial, which is very similar to what you've described in your question.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.