Jean
Jean, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Masters degree in counseling, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
66147936

Is there a name for an illness where a person is always too

Is there a name for an illness where a person is always too naive and cannot tell the difference when they are being taken advantage of or not?

Thanks

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Hello, I am available to assist you. Welcome!

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Can you tell me a little bit more about this person? What comes to mind is someone who is gullible, and or codependent- focus on others needs and wants.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Are you available to join me for a live chat?

Jean N/20pluscounts :

It may help me better answer your question if I could ask a few additional questions.

Customer:

gullible, can never tell the difference between a joke or not. Cannot judge that someone might take advantage of her. Responded to letter from Africa asking for $2,500 dollars

Customer:

Was being harassed by the scammers so much that police had to be contacted because she felt she "had" to get the money to help them

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Do you think their are cognitive disabilities? Or someone who is not very socially savvy?

Customer:

cognitive disabilities

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Maybe a bit delusional? Cognitive disabilities, learning disabilities..

Customer:

learning disabilities

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Lower IQ?

Jean N/20pluscounts :

When I say delusional I mean, unable to determine if something is true, accurate- believing something that others know is untrue.

Customer:

Don't know for sure but probably. Cooked a cake once at twice the heat, thinking that it would cook faster. Took cake to work. Edges burnt, center not done

Customer:

Unable to determine if something is true

Jean N/20pluscounts :

It may be more of a brain wiring thing- how the person interprets, problem solves.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Is this an elderly person?

Jean N/20pluscounts :

That's what I mean about cognitive issues- trouble putting things together accurately to make decisions.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Are there memory issues?

Customer:

no I was just wondering if there was a "name" for such issues in general. I'm actually thinking about the ND football player that fell prey to a prank and thought I had heard of a mental illness that could explain such a failure

Customer:

Gotta go. Lunch time over. thanks for your assistance.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Processing disorder? Lack of understanding of verbal, or non verbal cues- that most of us understand. Oh, I heard a bit about that-

Jean N/20pluscounts :

I can look a little deeper into this and see if I can find this for you.

Customer:

no I gotta go, how do I accept?

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Rate ok or higher- Thanks!!