Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

My wife has the need to dance with every man at our table some

My wife has the need to dance with every man at our table some are relatives fine some are complete strangers, In some cases she wont even ask me if I want to dance she just says I am going to ask so and so or that guy to dance
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

It sounds like you have every right to be upset, especially if you are even left out sometimes. Does she know how this makes you feel? What specifically was your question about this behavior?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes she knows it upsets me . My questions is why does she do this and what could I do to possible change this married 4 years now together for 7 she had this behavior at times when we were dating also. I guess Ryan I am trying to confirm he self only outlook on life and ask if this can change or not

Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 1 year ago.
There could be a few different reasons why she might be doing this. It can be possible that she just enjoys dancing and means no harm by her actions, although the fact that she doesn't seem to want to include you does make it seem as if there may be more to it. However, if your relationship together is otherwise pretty solid, then it's still even possible that is the case. Otherwise she could be doing it for the attention from these men, to get attention from you, to irritate you, or several other possibilities.

It is certainly possible for this behavior to change, but that does greatly depend on her willingness to do so. If she doesn't see anything wrong with this behavior, and generally does have a self only outlook on life, then it is unlikely that you will see any lasting change until she fully accepts that she needs to do something about it. That doesn't necessarily mean that the relationship can't work or that she has bad intentions, but it may be hard for her to compromise or change her outlook.

I definitely wish you the best with all of this and hope that you are able to work things out. If there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.

Ryan
Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience: Individual and Family Therapist