TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Hello, I have hypo manic depression. This has cursed my life for many years. I have troubl

Hello, I have hypo manic depression. This has cursed my life for many years. I have trouble keeping friendships, partners, have a hard time leaving my house, interacting with others is many times uncomfortable and scary, "maybe my own fear from being judged so many times already" I have really bad panic attack outbursts, I can feel the adrenaline and then can't hold my tongue and want to scream profanity as loud as I can, say hurtful things to the one who just hurt me emotionally. Many people have abandoned me but not before exploiting me to make themselves appear innocent. I've learned that bipolar disorder is often characterized as a "crazy, evil, unworthy, non-trustworthy, sociopathic individual" naturally.. I now try my best to keep it a secret and avoid people.. I'm hoping that someday I can learn to manage my disorders.. bipolar, anxiety. I have tried to commit suicide a number of times and/or slash myself to distract from the emotional pain. Please help! I don't know what to d
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Managing Bipolar disorder and anxiety disorder together is a lot. It also sounds like you have been hurt a lot by others, which can leave you feeling alone and without resources. It can be difficult to heal if you feel at the end of your options and cannot connect with others.

Although some people might consider someone with Bipolar as "crazy, evil or sociopathic" that is a very limited point of view. And it also says that anyone who thinks that is not educated in the needs and symptoms of someone who suffers with Bipolar disorder. Try not to buy into that limited view. You are a wonderful person who is struggling with a difficult diagnosis. What others think can be hurtful and harmful to you. If you can, block it out and consider the opinions of those who do understand Bipolar disorder. It may help you to join a support group, either on line or in person. Being with others who understand can help you feel less alone and help you find answers.

Also, if you are not in counseling now, consider finding a therapist to talk with, particularly if your first experience was not a good one or helpful at all. The support from a professional who can help you find solutions and provide support is going to help you heal.

Hurting yourself is never going to help. Although it is very understandable that you feel this way, it only makes your situation worse. Try keeping a hotline number nearby so when you do feel like hurting yourself, you can call someone for help.

Try to learn more about Bipolar and anxiety. The more you know, the more you can help yourself. Here are some resources to help:

http://www.helpguide.or g/mental/bipolar_disorder_diagnosis_treatment.htm

The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne

When Panic Attacks: The New, Drug-Free Anxiety Therapy That Can Change Your Life by David D. Burns

The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Anxiety: A Step-by-Step Program by William J. Knaus EdD and Jon Carlson PsyD EdD

Coping with Anxiety: 10 Simple Ways to Relieve Anxiety, Fear & Worry by Edmund J. Bourne and Lorna Garano

Most of all, don't give up on yourself. The fact that you have reached out today says that you are going in the right direction. Try taking one step each day to improve your situation. Before you know it, you will feel better.

I hope this has helped you,
Thank you very much for the positive rating and bonus. I appreciate it!

Hang in there. You are strong and will get through this. As long as you reach out, you can feel better.

Take care,