How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bonnie Your Own Question
Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2189
Experience:  35 years experience counseling children and families
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Bonnie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need help

This answer was rated:

i was sexual abused from 4 to 12 im now 23, ive seen a phycatrist since i was 16 they tell me im depressed, but im positive i have something more than that i cant see being depressed for over 8 years. i can not controll my emotions at all im either extreamly happy or extreamly moody or angry and it can change in seconds, it affects my realtionships and work

What have the therapists thought about your condition? Has therapy worked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im the same as i was wen i started thearpy years ago. they just say depression and swap my medication. i feel its not depression or anti depressants would work and they dont work even wen dossage are upped . i had go hospital with sezures they are not eplieptic the neurologist says it phycological sezuries but still im not being helped . i stay at home as i dont like going outside . i dont like people. to be honest i feel like i dont even no who i am or how im supposed to be. I have constant conversations going on in my head plans to people i might not even see that day. I self harm wich doesnt make me feel better but releases sum built up anger for a little while.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question today.

You may be suffering fom Borderline Personality Disorder. I will give you a reference to read. If this sounds possible then look into Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). I will also give you a resource for this.

I hope this helps....

Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2189
Experience: 35 years experience counseling children and families
Dr. Bonnie and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you