Patience, Therapist
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences

i want to be circumcised but i am worried this is not a norm

Customer Question

. i want to be circumcised but i am worried this is not a normal desire

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 years ago.
Why do you want to be circumcised? Why do you think it is not normal?
Expert:  Patience replied 3 years ago.
Hi- Thanks for your question! A lot of men who are uncircumcised think about circumcision for a variety of reasons that include religious identification, improved hygiene, sexual performance and sexual health issues for female sexual partners, as well as for public health issues. In fact, there is an ongoing lively debate between pro- and anti-circumcision groups for infants and for adults.

You can check out a pro-circumcision group and get some of your questions answered at

In other words, having thoughts about dealing with circumcised vs. uncircumcised is a normal and useful activity. However, if there are concerns about genitourinary health, then it is best to see your doctor, urologist, or other health practitioner. If you are having emotional difficulties or obsessive and constant thoughts and misgivings about this or any other issues,, then seeing a counselor or therapist is probably a good place to start.

Best of luck to you! Please be sure to rate my response using the star system so that I can be credited for my time. After that, I will I will be more than happy to continue with any additional questions you might have.

Good customer service is one of my highest priorities! Please use the REPLY tab with any issues that come up regarding the service you have received.