Welcome to Just answer !
Well such kind of frequent switching from one task to another without completion of any of them thereby leading to poor productivity is often seen in a mood disorder like Bipolar disorder , which i believe has not been ruled out in case of this person. In bipolar disorder there is racing of thoughts in mind meaning that thoughts are being generated at a such a rapid rate that the person looses focus briskly from one task and moves onto another and this pattern goes on and on thereby effecting overall productivity.
I will like to ask you a few queries regarding the person in question so as to gain more insight into her problem..
1) is she overly energetic , over talkative , lacks inhibition, has inflated self esteem and sense of overconfidence in her abilities ?
2) does she believe that she has some special supernatural powers or that she is superior over others in some way or the other ?
3) does she sleep very less , such as only 3-4 hrs at night but is still very energetic and fresh the next day ?
4) does she hear non - existent voices and mutters to self when alone as if talking to someone who is apparently not visible to the naked eye of the onlooker ?
5) Since how long a duration has she been suffering from this condition ?
6) When did her symptoms start and were they precipitated by any significant life event or not ?
7) Has she become overly religious or indulgent in spirituality which was not the case before ?
I will get back to you once you reply to my queries and then i shall provide you a more specific reply to your primary question.
3. She stays up late because she cannot sleep, she might sleep 2 to 4 hours on work days. On days off she is up late and will sleep for 10 to 12 hours.
6. It seems as if this was a gradual progression to this point.
She has had 2 "grandma seizures" in the past 2 years. She was cleared with an MRI, blood tests and other tests for MS, etc.
Thanks for the inputs..
Well your answers to my queries rules out possibility of Bipolar disorder as of now.
I believe that it is underlying ADHD which has been progressively worsening over the years or has not been well controlled by a not so balanced drug regime as the real reason behind her symptoms and leading to decompensation / functional impairment ( i.e impairment in the functioning of professional, social and interpersonal domains of life).
I will like to ask you about the various ADHD drug regime that she has been tried on with their respective doses and also mention the current drug regime, as i will like to offer some constructive suggestions regarding a more balanced and effective drug regime which shall get her ADHD well under control.thereby alleviating her present symptoms.
She is taking Adrial for the ADHD. An occasional Xanax for anxiety. They have tried Colonapin but she cannot function with this med.
You mean to say she is currently taking Adderall ?
What dose of adderall is she taking and since how long a duration is this drug being taken?
I will get back to you once you reply to these queries.