Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

hi i am on zeldox 20 mg i want to come off it completely had

hi i am on zeldox 20 mg i want to come off it completely had pshycosis 6 months pshoycosis but it was something else

Dr Vikas :

Dr Vikas :

The usual dose range of Zeldox (Ziprasidone) is from 40-200 mg per day for psychotic disorders and you are on a comparatively very low dose that is 20 mg. Zeldox needs to be slowly tapered down and a patient who is taking 20 mg per day can taper it down by start taking 20 mg every alternate days for 3-5 days followed by discontinuation.

Dr Vikas :

Just discuss with your doctor about this tapering schedule and hopefully you will be able to stop it completely.

Dr Vikas :

I hope this helps.

Dr Vikas :

Please do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.If you are satisfied with my answer please rate one of the positive ratings (3,4,5 / smiley faces) as this is the only way how we are compensated for our time and expertise.

Bookmark my profile link in your browser. ( http://www.justanswer.com/mental-health/expert-drvikas/ )

Customer:

can you please tell me were answer is cause i have not recived answer

Hello Raquel,

I have switched over to Q&A mode and probably now you will be able to see the answer.

I am again copy and pasting it here below.

6:14 AM

6:15 AM

6:15 AM

I hope this helps.

6:15 AMPlease do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.If you are satisfied with my answer please rate one of the positive ratings (3,4,5 / smiley faces) as this is the only way how we are compensated for our time and expertise.