Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My 84-year-old husband spoke incoherently for 30 minutes.

My 84-year-old husband spoke incoherently for 30 minutes. He used sentences, but they made no sense. Although he is sometimes confused when people explain things to him, he does not have alzheimer symptoms.. Should he see a doctor?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Customer:

okay

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Your husband may very well have had a stroke or a mini-stroke.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You should definitely take his for a complete check up and scan. He may require medication or rest and only a doctor would be able to advise you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I would not ignore this.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Has he had any other symptoms, any droopiness in his face or unability to use his hands as before?

Customer:

I am waiting for your thoughts.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The speech function irregularities are definitely indicative of something amiss in the left hemisphere of his brain, and this is often

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He needs to be examined by a doctor who will most likely send him to a neurologist.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I cannot diagnose him. He must be seen. I can tell you that you SHOULD have him seen as soon as possible, however. You would be remiss if you wait.

Customer:

What are your thoughts?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

My thought are that he may have experienced a stroke. I strongly urge you to bring him to see a doctor. I am also happy to address any other issues that you may have.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Is there any other way I can help you. I have given you the advice that you have sought. This is not a mental disorder, it seems, but a neurological one that needs the attention of a neurologist.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I will keep your husband and you in my prayers and wish you the best in treatment and recovedry.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Have I answered the question that you asked me, "Should he see a doctor?"

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Please let me know.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You are evidently not responding. I will switch you to the Q & A mode in about five minutes and you can get back to me and rate my answer. I fully responded to your question.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I love to help other people and that is why I do this for a living. If you need further assistance I will be happy to address your issues.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, LPCC, NCC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry I didn't respond. I couldn't find your answer. A stroke has crossed my mind. However, he has no other symptoms. When I discussed what had happened to him, he blew it off. Thanks for your response.

Hello again.

I had trouble getting back onto the site to answer you but it finally let me in.

He should not take this so lightly as he could be in danger from something more long-lasting. You may have to use more leverage on him.

You have never made a positive statement about my help to you and I would appreciate any positve feedback.

God bless you and your husband.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Dear JR,

Thank you so much. My prayers are with you and your husband.

Warm regards,

Elliott