Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

RA - fvh

Customer Question

Hi I think I have bpd, how can I be sure and what can I do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

The best way to find out for sure whether or not you have BPD would be to meet with a psychiatrist who can determine if that diagnosis is appropriate and rule out any other possible diagnosis. In the meantime, you can also fill out this online survey which would help you to get a better idea of whether BPD would accurately describe what you are experiencing. In the event that you are diagnosed with BPD, it is most commonly treated with a combination of therapy and medication. People who are in treatment for these types of problems are generally able to make a lot of progress, so there is certainly reason to be optimistic.

I definitely wish you the best with this and if there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I thought you would be able to help me as you are a psychotherapist and I have just been charged £36 to be told to see a psychiatrist. No offence but I hope I will not b charged for this advice.
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 3 years ago.
I'm happy to answer any specific questions that you have, and if you are not satisfied you will certainly not be charged.
As I understood your question, you wanted to know how to find out for sure whether or not you have BPD, and the only way to do that would be to have a proper evaluation completed. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what information you are looking for, but I am doing the best I can to answer your questions as they were written, and would appreciate it if you would reconsider your negative rating. Please let me know what additional information you are looking for so that I can help you out.