DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor
Experience:  MD, BA psychology, Emphasis on addictions, depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc.

Dear Clozapine expert, i am 43 years old. I am going to write

Customer Question

Dear Clozapine expert, i am 43 years old. I am going to write in few lines my illness history and how i reached to be taking Clozapine. In October 1998 a Psychosis (some people were planing to heart me) came to me. Then i was perscirbed Flaunxol (4 mg/day). I kept taking this dose until November 2007, then i had to change it. My psychiatrist prescribed Risperdal for me (6 mg/day) in Jan 2008. Good improvement happend to me until December 2008, a very stuped and a very bad thoughts came to me. Then i had to enter the hospital. A consultant and 3 psychiatrists met me. Then they prescribed Clozapine for me. The consultant said that i need 600mg Clozapine/day because my illnes has been with me for a long time. The other 3 psychiatrists said that i don't need more than 300mg/day Clozapine. Then i discharged from the hospital and i was taking 350mg Clozapine. In June 2009, i relapsed then we increased the dose to 600mg/day Clozapine. At that time, i changed my doctor to a new Consultant. After two monthes from increasing the dose, i told my consultant, now i start to believe that i am going to be allright. At the end of August 2009, a strong nervous attacks started to come to me. I told my doctor about it, but i also told him that it is not a relapse. At the end of October 2009 (two months from starting the nervous attacks and four months from increasing the dose to 600mg Clozapine), my consultant told me that what is happening to you is an overdose reaction and you have to reduce the dose. I refused to reduce the dose because i didn't want that stuped thaughts come back to me. My doctor kept putting a pressure on me to start reduce the dose until the biggining of January 2010, he convinced me to reduce it. A very important note:(After six months from increasing the dose to 600mg Clozapine, and four months from appearing the overdose reaction, the strength of the nervous attacks went down to about 50%). So, at the beggining of January 2010, i started to reduce the dose 50mg Clozapine every 12 days Untill we became on June 2010, we reached the 200 mg/day Clozapine and that dose still an overdose. At the first six weeks from reaching the 200mg Clozapine, a lowering dose reaction was almost a killing matter. At week nine from from reaching the 200 mg, i remember i told my doctor( doctor my emotion toward my son came back to me about 50%, and i started to react with events around me, and also motivations for working for my future is back about 50% ). A very important note:(When reaching the 200mg Clozapine, i was much much better in week 9 from the first week). Then in the middle of August, my doctor asked me to go down to 150mg Clozapine, then i did. A lowering dose reaction appeared again with a need of 4 tablets of Lexotanil. Then after 3 weeks, he asked me to go up to 200mg Clozapine. A mental changes happened to me then he told me in my case (overdose) i cannot go above 150mg Clozapine. Then he asked me to go down to 150mg then to 125mg. When i reached the 125mg Clozapine, i had to take a tablet of Lexotanil every 3 hours. Then i met him after 1 week then he asked me to explain my case for him, i told him my thoughts got fixed up to 70% but the problem is the need of 1 tablet of Lexotanil every 3 hours. Then he asked me to get the Seroquel. I took the Seroquel (400mg/day) for three weeks beside the 125mg Clozapine and the Lexotanil. Seroquel didn't suit me. After 4 weeks of taking 125mg Clozapine and 8 tablets of Lexotanil, he asked me to go up to 150mg Clozapine to get rid of Lexotanil. Then i did and i was able to get rid of 1 tablet of Lexotanil every 3 days. In April 2011 i was taking 150mg Clozapine and 1 tablet of Lexotanil. And he told me don't worry as long as 125mg of Clozapine is an overdose, that means that you don't need medicine no more. In August 2011, i started to cause trouble to my wife. And i kept telling him that i have no motivation to do any thing, i have no emotions toward my son, and i am not thinking about my future.Then, in Aril 2012 he asked me to reduce the Clozapine. Then i decided to stop it, then i entered the hospital and i was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Doctors prescribed Depakine Chrono 1000mg/day. Then they prescribed Abilify 30mg/day beside the Depakine Chrono which caused for me a strong psychosis and a Homecidal, then after stopping the Abilify the psychosis and the Homecidal were gone. And now i am taking 350mg Clozapine and 1000mg Depakine Chrono and they are hearting me alot. I think the problem is after taking 125mg Clozapine for 1 month and it is already an overdose then reincrease the dose to 150mg and keep taking for 14 months. That what cause the trouble to me. Plz, reply as if u were contacting a psychiatrist. My current diagnosis is something between Psychosis and Bipolar disorder.
which i am sure that is neither Psychosis nor Bipolardiorder, I just need a medicine which ameliorate the damage caused by Clozapine overdose. Thanks!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
I am not sure what your question is for us about this situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi,DrThomas. I have a problem with Psychiatrists here in my country about my diagnosis. I have met more than 6 psychiatrists non of them were able to give the right diagnosis, even my current psychiatrists not sure about my diagnonsis and now i am taking 350mg Clozapine and 1000mg Depakine. I think my problem is with my previous cosultant in the way he dealt with my case regarding the overdose of Clozapine. I think you need to be expert in Clozapine's overdose formulas. I think my problem was when i went down to 125mg Clozapine and kept taking that dose for 4 weeks and it was already an overdose then i reincreasd the dose to 150mg and kept taking that dose for 14 months.

i think my problem is there. Because my previous Consultant was expecting me to go toward stability. That is one formula of Clozapine's overdose formula which is if someone through an overdose, then by time elapsing he is supposed to go toward stabilty. That fromula, my previous consultant told me about. But it is when reducing the dose and stay at that dose(that what happend when i reached to 200mg). not in my case reducing the dose to 125mg and it is an overdose then reincrease the dose to 150mg and stayed taking that dose to 14 months. I think that what hearted me. Becuse my previous consultant has told me more than 100 times that i don't need medicine no more, because if 125mg Clozapine and also 150mg were an overdose that means you don't need medicine no more. Iam going to visit a private psychiatrist and please i need an advice from you to him that i only need a medicine that ameliorate the damage caused by Clozapine

overdose.

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
What tentative diagnoses have been suggested
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, The diagnoses have been suggested were Something between BipolarDisorder and Psychoses. By the way, no body here knows what is called Clozapine overdose formulas. That what my previous consultant told me so i don't go and see another psychiatrist. Please doctor, i amsure my problem is when increasing Clozapine dose from 125mg( which is also an overdose) to 150mg and stayed with it to 14 monthes. one another Clozapine's overdose formula is that from zero to 150mg is one group and from 150mg to 300mg is another group and from 300mg to 450mg is a different group. That means if you were in one of these group and offcourse you were through an overdose case, You cannot go above the group you are in and you can play with the dose inside your group or you can go down crossing the lower limit but not above the upper limt. That is exactly what happened when i reduced the Clozapine dose to 150mg and stayed with it for 2 weeks and then reincreased the dose to 200mg. A mentality changes happend to me, and my previuos consultant told me aoubt that formula. Now, my previous consultant mistake was when he asked me to reincrease the dose from 125mg to 150mg Clozapineto get rid of Lexotanil and i stayed with that dose for 14 months, that what caused the trouble. Now my previous consultant has kept telling me that 150mg Clozapine is a very low dose and it will not heart. I am sure that 150mg is a very low dose, but not in my case!. Now, All what i want from you doctor is to understand my case and know where my problem is then reply to me in a seintific explanation so i can take your reply to a private spychiatrist. Thanks
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
You consultant is correct.
150 is a low dose.
But that is really not the exact story.
The story is that the dose has to be individualized.
Maintenance doses of 300 to 450 mg a day are most common.
There is no "overdose range" between 12.5 and 450 mg a day, and in some cases it can even go higher.

It all depends on the persons individual responses and has to be adjusted accordingly.

\
Let me know if you have further questions. If you have any concerns just use reply to expert until you are ready to rate a positive for your satisfaction..
Please click on one of the positive ratings [smiley faces]: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.
Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Doctor, that is the problem that i am facing here. No psychiatrists i have met understood what i am talking about. Even my previous consultant wasn't able to deal with my case untill he contacted Clozapine people. I am not sure if i am expressing my case in correct way when i say overdose. My case was a dose that i don't need or above the dose that i need. Now one of the clozapine overdose formula says: when a patient through an overdose, by time elapsing he will go toward stabilty but not 100% stable. That what happend to me when i went down to 200mg Clozapine, and after reaching that dose, in weeks 9&10 i was more than 60% allright. Now talking about the groups ( from zero to 150mg, from 150mg to 300mg...etc.) i am sure my translation to english is wrong, but the meaning of the groups is you can play with the dose higher or lower as long as you are with in the range of the group, and you can go down crossing the low border of the group but after one week of doing that you cannot go to upper group. that is exactly what happend to me when i went down to 150mg Clozapine, and after 2 weeks my consultant asked me to increase the dose to 200mg Clozapine, and again after 2 weeks from increasing the dose a strange changes to my mentality happend to me. Then i told my consultant about that then he told me as long as you reached down to the lowes group, you cannot go to the higher group(150 to 300mg).

That is also a formula my consultant told me a bout. Now in my case, i went down to 125mg and stayed with that dose for 4 weeks and that dose is a dose that i didn't need, and then he asked me to go up to 150mg Clozapine to getrid of Lexotanil. And i stayed at that dose for 14 monthes. My consultant was expecting me to go toward stability by time elapsing as long as i was in the lowest group (0 to 150mg). But that dose harmd me after taking it for 14 months. I am sure that was his mistake because when i reincreased the dose to 150mg |Clozapine , i wasn't be better one moment than when i reached down to 200mg Clozapine(weeks 9&10). And by the way, he told me also when i reach the 100mg Clozapine, i am going to be 100% stable, but that didn't happend. I am sure what harmed me was taking the 150mg for 14 months. And he was supposed to ask me to go down to 125mg, after getting rid of Lexotanil . Because he and i were 100% sure that the 125 mg Clozapine is a dose i don't need. Thanks!

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
No
It did not harm you.

It might not be the right dosing range for you, but once the dose is adjusted for a period of time, there is not harm, unless you have specific side effects, in which case the drug is then changed to another drug.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Please i need a Clozapine expert who knows every little thing about Clozapine to answer my question. Specially with Clozapine overdose (when there is a reaction of a dose when it is above what i need) Or Clozapine overdose Formuls.
Thanks!
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. XXXXX help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Clozapine expert, i am 43 years old. I am going to write in few lines my illness history and how i reached to be taking Clozapine. (Please expert, if you are not a Clozapine expert and you don't know every little thing about Clozapine, please, try not to answer my question). In October 1998 a Psychosis (some people were planing to heart me) came to me. Then i was perscirbed Flaunxol (4 mg/day). I kept taking this dose until November 2007, then i had to change it. My psychiatrist prescribed Risperdal for me (6 mg/day) in Jan 2008. Good improvement happend to me until December 2008, a very stuped and a very bad thoughts came to me. Then i had to enter the hospital. A consultant and 3 psychiatrists met me. Then they prescribed Clozapine for me. The consultant said that i need 600mg Clozapine/day because my illnes has been with me for a long time. The other 3 psychiatrists said that i don't need more than 300mg/day Clozapine. Then i discharged from the hospital and i was taking 350mg Clozapine. In June 2009, i relapsed then we increased the dose to 600mg/day Clozapine. At that time, i changed my doctor to a new Consultant. After two monthes from increasing the dose, i told my consultant, now i start to believe that i am going to be allright. At the end of August 2009, a strong nervous attacks started to come to me. I told my consultant about it, but i also told him that it is not a relapse. At the end of October 2009 (two months from starting the nervous attacks and four months from increasing the dose to 600mg Clozapine), my consultant told me that what is happening to you is an overdose reaction and you have to reduce the dose. I refused to reduce the dose because i didn't want that stuped thaughts come back to me. My doctor kept putting a pressure on me to start reduce the dose until the biggining of January 2010, he convinced me to reduce it. A very important note:(After six months from increasing the dose to 600mg Clozapine, and four months from appearing the overdose reaction, the strength of the nervous attacks went down to about 50%). So, at the beggining of January 2010, i started to reduce the dose 50mg Clozapine every 12 days Untill we became on June 2010, we reached the 200 mg/day Clozapine and that dose still an overdose. At the first six weeks from reaching the 200mg Clozapine, a lowering dose reaction was almost a killing matter. At week nine from from reaching the 200 mg, i remember i told my doctor( doctor my emotion toward my son came back to me about 50%, and i started to react with events around me, and also motivations for working for my future is back about 50% ). A very important note:(When reaching the 200mg Clozapine, i was much much better in week 9 from the first week). Then in the middle of August, my doctor asked me to go down to 150mg Clozapine, then i did. A lowering dose reaction appeared again with a need of 4 tablets of Lexotanil. Then after 3 weeks, he asked me to go up to 200mg Clozapine. A mental changes happened to me then he told me in my case (overdose) i cannot go above 150mg Clozapine. Then he asked me to go down to 150mg then to 125mg. When i reached the 125mg Clozapine, i had to take a tablet of Lexotanil every 3 hours. Then i met him after 1 week then he asked me to explain my case for him, i told him my thoughts got fixed up to 70% but the problem is the need of 1 tablet of Lexotanil every 3 hours. Then he asked me to get the Seroquel. I took the Seroquel (400mg/day) for three weeks beside the 125mg Clozapine and the Lexotanil. Seroquel didn't suit me. After 4 weeks of taking 125mg Clozapine and 8 tablets of Lexotanil, he asked me to go up to 150mg Clozapine to get rid of Lexotanil. Then i did and i was able to get rid of 1 tablet of Lexotanil every 3 days. In April 2011 i was taking 150mg Clozapine and 1 tablet of Lexotanil. And he told me don't worry as long as 125mg of Clozapine is an overdose(a dose above what you need), that means that you don't need medicine no more. In August 2011, i started to cause trouble to my wife. And i kept telling him that i have no motivation to do any thing, i have no emotions toward my son, and i am not thinking about my future.Then, in April 2012 he asked me to reduce the Clozapine. Then i decided to stop it, then i entered the hospital and i was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Doctors prescribed Depakine Chrono 1000mg/day. Then they prescribed Abilify 30mg/day beside the Depakine Chrono which caused for me a strong psychosis and a Homecidal, then after stopping the Abilify the psychosis and the Homecidal were gone. And now i am taking 350mg Clozapine and 1000mg Depakine Chrono and they are hearting me alot. I think the problem is after taking 125mg Clozapine for 1 month and it is already an overdose then reincrease the dose to 150mg and keep taking it for 14 months. That what cause the trouble to me. Plz, reply as if u were contacting a psychiatrist. My current diagnosis is something between Psychosis and Bipolar disorder.
which i am sure that is neither Psychosis nor Bipolardiorder, I just need a medicine which ameliorates the damage caused by Clozapine overdose. I am not going to take any pills without consulting my psychiatrist.Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You replied

Monday, January 07, 2013 4:14 AM EST

Dear Clozapine expert, i am 43 years old. I am going to write in few lines my illness history and how i reached to be taking Clozapine. (Please expert, if you are not a Clozapine expert and you don't know every little thing about Clozapine, please, try not to answer my question). In October 1998 a Psychosis (some people were planing to heart me) came to me. Then i was perscirbed Flaunxol (4 mg/day). I kept taking this dose until November 2007, then i had to change it. My psychiatrist prescribed Risperdal for me (6 mg/day) in Jan 2008. Good improvement happend to me until December 2008, a very stuped and a very bad thoughts came to me. Then i had to enter the hospital. A consultant and 3 psychiatrists met me. Then they prescribed Clozapine for me. The consultant said that i need 600mg Clozapine/day because my illnes has been with me for a long time. The other 3 psychiatrists said that i don't need more than 300mg/day Clozapine. Then i discharged from the hospital and i was taking 350mg Clozapine. In June 2009, i relapsed then we increased the dose to 600mg/day Clozapine. At that time, i changed my doctor to a new Consultant. After two monthes from increasing the dose, i told my consultant, now i start to believe that i am going to be allright. At the end of August 2009, a strong nervous attacks started to come to me. I told my consultant about it, but i also told him that it is not a relapse. At the end of October 2009 (two months from starting the nervous attacks and four months from increasing the dose to 600mg Clozapine), my consultant told me that what is happening to you is an overdose reaction and you have to reduce the dose. I refused to reduce the dose because i didn't want that stuped thaughts come back to me. My doctor kept putting a pressure on me to start reduce the dose until the biggining of January 2010, he convinced me to reduce it. A very important note:(After six months from increasing the dose to 600mg Clozapine, and four months from appearing the overdose reaction, the strength of the nervous attacks went down to about 50%). So, at the beggining of January 2010, i started to reduce the dose 50mg Clozapine every 12 days Untill we became on June 2010, we reached the 200 mg/day Clozapine and that dose still an overdose. At the first six weeks from reaching the 200mg Clozapine, a lowering dose reaction was almost a killing matter. At week nine from from reaching the 200 mg, i remember i told my doctor( doctor my emotion toward my son came back to me about 50%, and i started to react with events around me, and also motivations for working for my future is back about 50% ). A very important note:(When reaching the 200mg Clozapine, i was much much better in week 9 from the first week). Then in the middle of August, my doctor asked me to go down to 150mg Clozapine, then i did. A lowering dose reaction appeared again with a need of 4 tablets of Lexotanil. Then after 3 weeks, he asked me to go up to 200mg Clozapine. A mental changes happened to me then he told me in my case (overdose) i cannot go above 150mg Clozapine. Then he asked me to go down to 150mg then to 125mg. When i reached the 125mg Clozapine, i had to take a tablet of Lexotanil every 3 hours. Then i met him after 1 week then he asked me to explain my case for him, i told him my thoughts got fixed up to 70% but the problem is the need of 1 tablet of Lexotanil every 3 hours. Then he asked me to get the Seroquel. I took the Seroquel (400mg/day) for three weeks beside the 125mg Clozapine and the Lexotanil. Seroquel didn't suit me. After 4 weeks of taking 125mg Clozapine and 8 tablets of Lexotanil, he asked me to go up to 150mg Clozapine to get rid of Lexotanil. Then i did and i was able to get rid of 1 tablet of Lexotanil every 3 days. In April 2011 i was taking 150mg Clozapine and 1 tablet of Lexotanil. And he told me don't worry as long as 125mg of Clozapine is an overdose(a dose above what you need), that means that you don't need medicine no more. In August 2011, i started to cause trouble to my wife. And i kept telling him that i have no motivation to do any thing, i have no emotions toward my son, and i am not thinking about my future.Then, in April 2012 he asked me to reduce the Clozapine. Then i decided to stop it, then i entered the hospital and i was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Doctors prescribed Depakine Chrono 1000mg/day. Then they prescribed Abilify 30mg/day beside the Depakine Chrono which caused for me a strong psychosis and a Homecidal, then after stopping the Abilify the psychosis and the Homecidal were gone. And now i am taking 350mg Clozapine and 1000mg Depakine Chrono and they are hearting me alot. I think the problem is after taking 125mg Clozapine for 1 month and it is already an overdose then reincrease the dose to 150mg and keep taking it for 14 months. That what cause the trouble to me. Plz, reply as if u were contacting a psychiatrist. My current diagnosis is something between Psychosis and Bipolar disorder. which i am sure that is neither Psychosis nor Bipolardiorder, I just need a medicine which ameliorates the damage caused by Clozapine overdose. I am not going to take any pills without consulting my psychiatrist.Thanks!

Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X’m the moderator for this topic. I am sorry, but It seems that the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. But don’t worry….. If you are still waiting for an answer, I will try to find a new professional to assist you! Please keep in mind that sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. All of our Professionals come on at varying times, so sometimes it’s a bit difficult to predict. Either way....If you would prefer not to wait, please feel free to let me know, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you.

Camille

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
The other expert has opted out.
I had previously given you the correct answers to your question.

NO other expert has had anything to add here.

Is there a question that has not been answered?

Please be very concise and specific
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Dr.Thomas, I am not a psychiatrist, but i know that sometimes medicines causes some kind of side effects for less than 4% of patients who are taking the same medicine it self. You have told me that Clozapine does not cause an overdose effect between 12.5mg and 450mg Clozapine. But in my case, 125mg of Clozapine was an overdose (i mean by overdose is that a dose above what i need, hopefully i am using the right word in describing my case.). I am not sure if i can say that my consultant was the best in Kuwait, and he was not able to deal with my case untill he contacted Clozapine people. Here in Kuwait, there are almost 100 psychiatrists and all of them are working in the same hospital (public). And there is one private psychiatrist and he is treating the VIPs. My consultant used to tell me, do not try to see any doctor other than me because non of them would know how to deal with your case(by the way, every time i see a doctor and get medicine costs almost 10 USD). You have told me that Clozapine did not harm me but what happened was a specific side effect and at that time the medicine has to be changed. The medicine was changed to Abilify 30mg/day (beside 1000mg Depakine & 0.5mg rivotril) then i was through a strong psychoses and homecidal. Then after stopping the Abilify in about two days, the psychoses and homecidal conditions were gone. Then the doctors asked me take Clozapine again. What happened Clozapine was rejected by my brain then after stopping the Clozapine i started to take Truxal, then after six days from taking the Truxal, it was also rejected, then Rivotril also rijected, then Depakine was starting like drilling my bones then i stopted it in 250mg every day. Then after two weeks from stopping it i had too enter the hospital again. Now, after rejecting all these medicines by my brain, i think the problem is in my brain.

Dr. Thomas, i am sure 100% that the problem is wheen raising the dose from 125mg which is an overdose to 150mg. My be we can do that for few months not for 14 months. Because, there was no one moment after reincrease the dose to 150mg better than weeks nine and ten when i was through 200mg.

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand, but what is your question at this point
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr. Thomas. I just need an expert who can describe my diagnoses in scientific way so when i meet a psychiatrists ( i am in Lebanon now) he will prescribe me the right medicine. I have three appointments with some of the best Psychiatrists in Lebanon and meeting them will start next week. I am not sure if you agree with me about my diagnoses which is that, i just need a medicine that ameliorates the damage caused by Cloazapine.

Thanks!

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
OK
Any "damage"by cloazapine would not still be going on....
What happens is a receptor regulation where receptors are up regulated or down regulated.
This only clears up with time off the drug.

We can not diagnose you on this site..but your diagnosis has not been clear to your doctors or you.
Psychosis and bi polar are not the same.
Bi polar can have aspects of psychosis but is not the same as schizophrenia.
Therefore this is where you need to focus with the doctors.

If you are bi polar, lithium should be tried and this might clear up all of your symptoms.

And it is a completely different type of drug.

So getting the correct diagnosis agreed on is clearly the key point at this point in time.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert. Other wise please choose a 3, 4 or 5 rating [smiley face or accept], But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated. Your satisfaction is my goal, along with the best information. Remember, answers do not substitute for a doctor’s visit.

For future questions ask for me I the title or request me at this link

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, DR. Thomas. I know what Bi polar Disorder means, I just have that behavier ( going up so nervous screeming when only reached taking 50mg Clozapine (going down from 150mg) after i stopped the Clozapine for the first time (last May). And then i did not have that behavier again. I also told the doctors in the hospital, that i never went down (toward deppression) for one moment. I want also to tell you that in last Jan 3d, my doctor reduce the Clozapine dose from 350mg to 250mg with 1000mg Depakine, and now i am ten times better. Thanks!

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
OK
So what questions remain for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Dr. Thomas,

Do you think that i am going to need a medicine for Psychoses and a medicine Bi Polar Diorder?

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
That is an interesting question
A number of the medicines are used in both.
So this is what I am telling you to ask your doctors about.
If it is bi polar with psychotic features, I would consider lithium as a main possibility
So I would , again, get the diagnosis exact.

Please choose a 3, 4 or 5 rating [smiley face or accept], But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated. Your satisfaction is my goal, along with the best information. Remember, answers do not substitute for a doctor’s visit.

DrThomasMD, Doctor
Experience: MD, BA psychology, Emphasis on addictions, depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dr Thomas, This is Ali Bachir again. By the way, i am a chemical engineer grauated from Cleveland State University in Jun 1996. Dr Thomas, the only way ever you can help me or discover what's wrong with me is by contacting Clozapine people. I visited a web page tells about my case, Clozapine overdose, which happens with only 2% of patients who are taking Clozapine. That's why no doctors in Kuwait, Lebanon, and in the whole world (via internet) understand what i am talking about. My sisters in law (Americans) and i have been trying to reach those pepole for more than 3 months, we couldn't. To remined you about my case, i went down to 125 mg Clozapine (still overdose)and i stayed with that dose for 1 month then i reincreased the dose for 150 mg Clozapine and i stayed taking that dose for 15 months. Please Dr Thomas, do this huge favour for me by a little effort from you and i am sure you are going to get something helpfull. The Website that i visited is WWW.ehealthme.com/ds/clozapine/overdose the question was: Could Clozapine cause Overdose? - a study by eHealthMe Thanks! There is going to be a good bonus for an effort.

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I am very familiar with the web page, it is simply put together by regular people..it looks like research but it is not.

Any drug can have an overdose.
Any drug.

But an overdose is an acute situation, and not a chronic situation.

The clozapine did not cause your illness obviously, it is used to treat illness. If it is not working, then the drug should be changed. Or the dose changed.

Let me put it another way. If you were having any ill effects from clozapine..then these would improve on stopping the drug. IT is that simply. It does not cause skizophrenia, or bi polar. It treats those.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a 3, 4 or 5 rating [smiley face or accept]. But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated. Your satisfaction is my goal, along with the best information. Remember, answers do not substitute for a doctor’s visit.