Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I believe my husband is a narcissist based upon his patterns

Customer Question

I believe my husband is a narcissist based upon his patterns of behavior the last 20 years. He has never been officially diagnosed as such but I am feeling very, very uncertain of my ability to live with him anymore. I feel as though he is slowly destroying me. I would like some support...thank you!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this issue- I have decades of experience working with family members and spouses with Personality Disorders such as NPD

Bill :

Detail on Narcissistic Personality Disorder is here:

Bill :

One of the best resources for you to find support in dealing with NPD is:

Bill :

You will find at the Out of Fog Website- a support forum where you can interact with others who are dealing with a spouse who has NPD.

Bill :

The support forum is here:

Bill :

If you husband has NPD- it is something that is unlikely to change-----

Bill :

You need to consider support and counseling to help decide how to deal with this.

Bill :

If you have further questions for me, feel free to ask- I am happy to help.

Bill :

Kindest regards, Bill

Bill :

PLEASE LEAVE POSITIVE RATING SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME

Bill :

Thanks you

Bill :

Thank*

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bill,

I am so sorry for the delay! My 3 small children stopped in and I needed to help them gather some things before heading out for the day with their grandmother. Thank you so much for responding. Should I take time to read what you previously posted before we move on? Again, so sorry! :(

Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.
Hi-
No problem- Why not take some time to review the information in the links and then you can get back to me if you have further questions.

I am happy to help.

If you wish, you can Rate the question now so that I receive credit for my time. There is no cost for follow up questions.

Kindest regards, Bill
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was able to read what you had responded earlier and would like to continue a conversation about this topic. I would like to share more information with you about his behaviors and gain your insight, if I may.

Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.
Please send what you would like me to review

Bill