Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.

I have been diagnosis with depression and have taken my Zoloft

I have been diagnosis with depression and have taken my Zoloft for a year. For that last month I've started cutting myself. I have no desire to kill myself but It has be come a obsessed for me. I don't know what to about iy
What has sparked the cutting? Is this new for you? What have you tried besides meds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is new to this extreme. I'm not sure what prompt it But now it's all I think about . I tried to take my ambien to help me sleep and I've tried praying but the urge is strong.
Have you told your doctor about it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would start there. Maybe an increase in your dosage will curb the urges to cut. Especially if the meds were working before. What do you think about that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need to talk to her but I don't want to be on more meds.
NOt more meds, probably just an adjustment. Sometimes your body builds up a tolerance and a readjustment is in order.