psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

my spouse masturbates constantly OKMH1217211

my spouse masturbates constantly through the evening every nite, me hubby feels let out, I want to help, she denies she is performing the act. And gets very defensive when discussing has been leading to marital issues...or may be the cause....at times this last 4 or 5 hours thru the night into early morning....I am kinka lost for words actions etc....

There are many reasons why people masturbate that much. One may be an awkwardness when facing a partner that is not encountered with sex with a partner. Sometimes people with compromised self esteem will feel more comfortable masturbating. Another possible reason is that the orgasm may be different with masturbation or the ability to feel an orgasm may be different with this stimulation. This masturbation may not be a personal attack on you. When you find out the reason for this enjoyment you will feel better and move to decreasing it. I do suggest a great resource - Mars and Venus in the Bedroom. Engage in activities that invite foreplay or romance. I always recommend date nights to renew romance which is the basis for sex. If all else fails you may consider marriage counseling. This could be indicative of a sexual addiction and that is best processed in group. This can be as difficult as any other addiction. Your wife would have to agree of course but gradually present this idea