TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

thoughts of death over and over and strong gravertating feeling

thoughts of death over and over and strong gravertating feeling to do what my thoughts tell me.

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

It sounds like you may have depression. When you feel like you want to die and it is not a fleeting thought but one that keeps repeating over and over, that can be a symptom that you are depressed. If you feel that you cannot control this thought, it may be a good idea to seek help immediately. Go to your local emergency room or see your doctor right away. It is better you seek help as soon as you can.

If you feel you have your symptoms under control, however, then consider seeing a therapist. Therapy is often one of the best ways to feel better. Medications are helpful to deal with the symptoms of depression but they do not get rid of them permanently. Therapy can do that for you. To have a better chance at finding a good therapist, ask your doctor for a referral. Or you can search on line at

Support and self help are vital in helping you overcome depression. Consider support groups, either on line or in person. People who are experiencing the same symptoms as you are can offer invaluable support, ideas and companionship to help you feel better. Also, working on your depression at home can supplement your therapy or other treatment. Here are resources to help you get started:

Once you are able to reach out, you will start to feel better. Let others support you and offer help. You do not have to do this alone.

I hope this has helped you,