Dr. L
Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience:  Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist
63993671

Hi there. Im a 32 yo white male. 57" 180 lbs. Normally my

Customer Question

Hi there. Im a 32 yo white male. 5'7" 180 lbs. Normally my penis size flacid is at 4" long 1" diameter....erect is 6 1/2" long and 2" diameter...all the women ive been with say its short or at least looks short. Is this so. Please be.honest. Sometimes it shrinks alot...right now...just under 2" soft .barely 4" erect..very small....this.causes me to be turned on by other much more endowed male penis..is this normal?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. L replied 2 years ago.

Dr. L :

Dr. L :

I would like to help you with your question.

Dr. L :

Here is a bit of information for you to read

Dr. L : Penis Size FAQ & Bibliography

Q. What is the length of the average man's eect penis?
A. 5 - 6.5 inches

Q. And width?
A. Circumference of the average man's erect penis averaged 4 - 5 inches.

(Gebhard and Johnson, 1979, p. 120). Based on original Kinsey data, 1948.

How did the Kinsey researchers measure penis size?

Men were asked: "How long is your penis, measuring on the top side from your belly out to the tip?" They were each given a pre-stamped card to take home, and instructed to mark the length on the card when flaccid and when erect. Approximately 2500 men participated.

Also, during interviews with over 4,000 men, the interviewer asked the subject to estimate his penis size. The interviewer would hold out a ruler (the numerals were not visible to the subject) and move his finger along it.

There was a slight underestimation of penis size, compared with actual measurements.
(Gebhard & Johnson 1979, p. 116.)

What is the relationship between the size of a flaccid (soft) penis and an erect (hard) penis?

There is a much wider range of size in men's penises when flaccid, with the average ranging from 1 to 4 inches. In general, smaller flaccid penises lengthen at erection by a greater percentage than do larger flaccid penises, with most men reaching an average size of 5 to 7 inches, so the flaccid size of a penis is not a good predictor of erect size. The vast majority of men measure within the average genital size range and have a penis size that is more than adequate for sexual functioning.

What is a micropenis?

This term is used by researchers to refer to penises less than 2.8 inches (7 centimetres) in length when stretched. This condition is thought to affect only 0.6% of men, or 6 in 1000 men, and to be caused by inadequate testosterone at a late stage of fetal development.

Customer:

Thank you for your answer and your time. I appreciate the professiona

Customer:

Lism...and the statistics. There is however one unanswered portion. As far as the inferior feeling attached with this complex making larger manhood on other males arousing....or even causing a desire to let a gf sleep with another man....is this normal?

Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience: Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist
Expert:  Dr. L replied 2 years ago.
As to the rest of the question..

According to the above data...you have a normal penis size! So it would seem that you would benefit from thinking differently about your penis. I have no idea why women are saying your penis is small...this is not at all true.

There is no reason for you to feel inferior. Since you have convinced yourself otherwise...it will likely take some time for you to accept this new picture of yourself and to stop talking negatively. This, in turn, ought to help you stop focusing on other men and believing that other men have a greater advantage with women then you do. It might also stop you from feeling aroused by the sight of other men's penises and feeling like it might be okay for a gf to sleep with another man.

Somehow you have convinced yourself of something that is not true and you have over-focused on penis size. As the data I provided you states...you have no issue in this department.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok....i will try your advise. Thank you again. Youve been a great help. Happy holidays Dr.

Expert:  Dr. L replied 2 years ago.
Take care!