Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

i have been feeling the following for the past 2 weeks: -

i have been feeling the following for the past 2 weeks:

- Bored
- Retheless
- Loss of apetite
- trouble sleeping but wanting to sleep all the time
- Not in the mood to do anything yet board
- bad mood random mood swings
- Feel itchy
- and many more
Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

what lead to this state of mind of yours ? is there any precipitating factor ? or did this change in your state of mind happened on it's own ?

I will get back to you once you reply to my query.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has been going on for 2 weeks now. I do not know what the issue is. I just suddenly lost interest with everything from gaming to work ... Not in the mood to sleep with my wife only eat when im starving and it is not with the same apetite at all. Wanting to sleep all the time but it is difficult to sleep. Rethless yet not in the mood to go out or do anything. If i watch a movie i get bored after a while ... want to spend money for no reason ... I have eczema by the way but i have had it for 20 years now never caused something like this so i do not think it is the reason. i am no depressed though just bored and and lazy ...

Thanks for the inputs...

Well i reckon you are possibly suffering from what is called as Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) where in out of a sudden due to abrupt season change there starts the feeling of low mood , boredom , lack of interest in day to day activities , sluggishness and lethargy, lack of energy , frequent mood swings, procrastination meaning doing less important things while leaving priorities behind, poor appetite and sleep disruption.Usually such as seasonal change in mood is associated with start of winter season and on it's own it subsides and becomes normal as some time passes by and one becomes adapts to the seasonal change.

So seasonal change in mood called as Seasonal affective disorder seems like the plausible explanation of your sudden UNPROVOKED mood change.

So i will suggest that you try to adopt the below mentioned strategy to come out of this temporary situational / seasonal condition..

1) You shall start taking a herbal drug which will help you to overcome this low mood and associated symptoms which is called as St. johns wort to be taken at dose of 300 mg / day of 0.3 % extract of standardised hypercurium leaf. This St. Johns wort is a natural supplement that will take care of this mood change of yours and bring back your previously rejuvenated mood.

2) Phototherapy -- Phototherapy in the form of use of natural sun liight or lamp light when sunlight is not available for atleast 1-2 hrs / day , will also provide you natural way of dealing with this seasonal mood disorder.

Kindly do the needful and you will overcome this condition within a 2-3 weeks although for complete recovery may be achieved when both of these are continued for 1-2 months after which you shall stop them.

I am sending you a link below kindly go through it for more insight into Seasonal affective disorder.

I hope this helps..

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.